Electric lawn equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric lawn equipment

Anyone here switched over to the newer 40 to 60 volt mowers and trimmers? Considering mowing my own again and trying to decide on the best setup for my small yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a cheap battery weed eater. I like not having to screw with maintaining a small engine. They are not as powerful as the gas ones, but work just fine.

Comment

I'm interested in the Ego mowers
      Anybody got one?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
        I'm interested in the Ego mowers
        Anybody got one?

That’s what I have my eye on. Mower, trimmer and blower all with the same battery.

Comment

I use the Makita 36v trimmer and love it. Never used an electric mower but lots to like. I would check consumer reports before dropping serious money. Husqvarna and deere offer a automatic mower (like a roomba). I figure we will all eventually stop paying people to mow....but pricey investment now

Comment

Tag to this, been interested myself

Comment

Buy quality like Stihl and you won't have an issue

Comment

Neighbor bought a DeWalt trimmer. That thing is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                  I use the Makita 36v trimmer and love it. Never used an electric mower but lots to like. I would check consumer reports before dropping serious money. Husqvarna and deere offer a automatic mower (like a roomba). I figure we will all eventually stop paying people to mow....but pricey investment now

Had no idea Makita makes one. I already have the 18v batteries so this is really interesting. Recently dumped my old craftsman drills and upgraded to Makita brushless and WOW they are good. You can break a wrist with that torque!
                  Will be ordering the Makita trimmer to start. May still go gas on the mower.

Comment

A little over a year ago I switched from a 2 stroke weed eater to a Ryobi 18 volt cordless one. It definitely does not have the power of the gas one, but as long as you don’t let your yard turn into a mini jungle then it does really good. I went ahead and got a couple of the high capacity batteries when I got it.

A year later and the weed eater, blower, chargers, batteries, and all of my other ryobi cordless tools are still working great. They don’t have the power that a Makita or Dewalt or Ego has, but the ryobi stuff does not come with the high price tag the others have either.

Overall I’m happy with the swap and it all does fine on my small 6k square foot city lot.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                      That’s what I have my eye on. Mower, trimmer and blower all with the same battery.

I got the hedge trimmers with the 56volt battery and am thoroughly impressed. Plan on getting the leaf blower next.

Comment

So I got the 21” EGO mower with 7.5ah battery and the 15” string trimmer. Gonna pick up a blower to go with it and will post up results after they see some use.

Comment

I got a Ryobi 40v trimmer/edger and I like it. I have a normal neighborhood yard. I can trim, and edge the whole yard and still have half battery left. Excellent power. My only complaint is it being Ryobi, I own a few different battery operated tools from them and the battery or charger never last. I just had to replace the charge on this 40v and battery on my 18v drill. All covered under warranty.

Comment

Huh?

Comment

I have the greenworks system. Smallish yard, about 1/3 acre with 1300' house. I have the 16" mower, weedeater, blower and chainsaw. 3 batteries total, 2 large and one small. I can mow the entire back yard and 20-50% of the front before changing batteries depending on how high the grass is. Then I use the rest of that battery weedeating and blowing. Never had to get into the third (small). I love not having to richard around with the gas motors anymore. While a small cut, the mower is super light weight.

Comment

Working...
                              X