Turkey fan mount recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey fan mount recommendations

got my first turkey this year. its been a real special achievement in my hunting career and i want to do a cool mount to display him. my idea is too do a fan mount, attach the beard and the spurs(or feet, still have them intact) and then attach the entire mount to a piece of weathered barn-like wood. maybe have a little rusted barbed wire on it and maybe put a field picture or two and the shotgun shell as well. what do you think? does anyone have any turkey fan mounts they can share pictures of? thanks

Here is mine.......with multiple other beards....have two more spur/ beard combos to add from opening weekend in the borax right now.
    Attached Files

Comment

Do not listen to that Leeb guy. He will do the dazzel thing with it.

Comment

www.texaseuropeanmounts.com. I recommend Jacob, he does great work and has a wide variety of all kinds of do it yourself wood kits if you want to do it.

Comment

Not to thread steal, but smart where did you get that turkey wood plaque?

Comment

I don't know anything about these folks, other than their website is very difficult to find. The shadowbox effect looks good for a flat tail display and maybe a beard and spurs.

Comment

Here's my home made mount. You could easily attach a beard and spurs if you wanted.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Smart! Like that fan BaylorCOBowhunter!

Comment

I will post my turkey mount tonight. I used both of the wings, the fan and the spurs for the mount.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck24 View Post
                    I will post my turkey mount tonight. I used both of the wings, the fan and the spurs for the mount.
                    thanks for the replys,

axis buck, i'd like to see that one as i still have the wings soaking in borax.

Comment

Bowhuntingw,
                      Here is a picture of my turkey mount.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01631.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	23927458

Comment

Here is my home-made mount... really easy to do, it just took several years killing so many Rios and Easterns! The pictures bring back so many memories of past hunts and several birds that I had "nick named". Definately worthwhile mounting your birds.

Kody
                        Attached Files

Comment

Re: Turkey fan mount recommendations

Nice mounts but nicknaming turkeys???...that would be a first for me.

Comment

Congrates on your first turkey. I have been talking about wanting take my first one this year, I cant wiat. congrates again.

Comment

Working...
                            X