What Longbow would you buy and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Longbow would you buy and why?

I'm in the market for a new longbow due to shoulder problems, going down to 45lbs. I have it kinda of narrowed down to a Maddog Prairie or an Omega Original. Narrowed down to these two because I have enough money already to get either one.I already own a Maddog Mutt that Mike does not make any longer, it is a very good shooting bow.
    Which one would you get and why?

I would look into a sarrels

Comment

Sarrels Blueridge takedown for me because that it MY favorite bow in the whole world.

Nobody else can tell you what your favorite will be!

Bisch

Comment

My Blueridge is sweet and quiet too!

Comment

I just receive a new Blueridge S/R and it is all you will need.

Comment

Would love to get a Sarrels, but can't afford it!
            Grits

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Nobody else can tell you what your favorite will be!

Bisch
              This. This. This!

My favorites right now are a Horne longbow, an A&H ACS, and a Black Widow PLX.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I would find a used toelke whip but I'm extremely biased and smitten every time I draw mine back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't ever touched the two your looking at, but the one I've shot but just can't justify dropping the coin on is a Super Shrew by Ron LaClaire, that was one sweet shooting, fast arrow flinging little bow. Settled for a couple of Thunderstiks by Jim Reynolds.

Comment

How about J.D Berry, Northern Mist, Brian McBroom or other "Hill Style" longbows? You right handed guys always have huge selection of nice used bows to pick from. [emoji12]

Comment

But, as others have suggested, you may wish to start with a used one from Mr. Sarrels. I don't think you'd have any need to look further unless it just didn't suit ya for some reason.

Comment

I've always heard great things about Sarrels bows, and the Toelke longbows are supposed to be good too. I've got 2 Maddog bows, a Prarie Predator and a Mountaineer, and I really like them. Also, PM Randy Madden here on TBH. He makes some really nice longbows as well, and he's close enough to you that you might be able to meet up with him and shoot a bow or two of his. If I'd bought another longbow that's who I would have went with, and I probably still will get one of his at some point in the future.

Comment

I would recommend shooting and enjoying your Maddog Mutt for a while longer... What I mean is go to some 3D shoots and shoot as many bows as you possibly can. You will likely find some features on bows that you can live without and other features that you have to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Grits View Post
                            I'm in the market for a new longbow due to shoulder problems, going down to 45lbs. I have it kinda of narrowed down to a Maddog Prairie or an Omega Original. Narrowed down to these two because I have enough money already to get either one.I already own a Maddog Mutt that Mike does not make any longer, it is a very good shooting bow.
                            Which one would you get and why?
                            I have an Omega Imperial 66" 45@29". Send me a pm, for more info.

Comment

I have a Sarrels Blueridge short riser
                              I had the luxury of going to Bob's and shooting everything he had a string on and BISCH went with me I got to pick that way

Comment

Working...
                              X