deer skin issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deer skin issues

I'm not sure if these are just old scars or sign of something else... The first two pics are of the same doe taken 8 days apart. There seems to be no change in the appearance of the hairless areas.

The other two seem to have a more generalized scattering of hairless areas.

Any ideas or anything I should be concerned about?
    Attached Files

the first doe looks like a scar to me. the others are different imo. could be a skin disorder, probably just a bad year. where is this?

Comment

I know exactly what you are seeing. The deer are begining to shed there summer hair.

Comment

It looks like biting flys.

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Bell III View Post
          I know exactly what you are seeing. The deer are begining to shed there summer hair.
          I think he is right. See it every year around this time.

Comment

Perfectly normal.

Comment

They are shedding their summer coat. It will get real bad here in the next few weeks.

Comment

Could be Mosquitos on the second one

Comment

Normal. Deer starting to shed summer coat and put on the fall coat already under it.

Comment

Its from all the fleas and ticks this year. That is where they rubbed the hair and the short hair grew back

Comment

I have an old doe with very similar bare spots I'll try to post pics as well.

Comment

[ATTACH]528645[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by txdhunter29 View Post
                          Its from all the fleas and ticks this year. That is where they rubbed the hair and the short hair grew back
                          Never seen them do it from fleas and ticks but have seen them do it from biting flies on their hindquarters and shoulders. These bucks pictured are new growth hair.

Comment

Working...
                          X