Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    You sound like a cabinet guy....?

Thank you all for the good info, I really appreciate it.

Yea I have a cabinet shop been building them for 15 plus years. If you have any questions just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the simplest jig that they make and I think it is great. Get one.

Comment

Getting one for christmas, cant wait to test it out!

Comment

I just saw on the TV that they (Kreg) make an attachment for a circular saw that lets you rip plywood in pieces, straight. It is kind of like an inverted table saw.

Comment

Wood??? I've seen your work. Just make it out of metal and paint it brown....

Comment

Well lets see a pic of the couch the wife picked out.

Comment

I bought the K5 kit earlier this year and have only had the chance to use it once so far, and it worked great. Have a few Christmas gifts I need to work on this week, so I'll be pulling the kit out for that. I also bought the large package of multiple size screws to go with it.

Comment

I've got the smaller R3 kit and bought a clamp to go with it. It's done everything I need it to do. Any flat bottom screw will do. But make sure you have a long driver bit, because a normal length driver bit will not be long enough to tighten the joint.

Comment

I was building dining tables to sale for a while. I bought the simplest one they offer.

Less than $20.

They are very simple to use and very valuable to have. I bought a very large box of the screws bulk online somewhere for much cheaper than buying the small boxes. But I was building quite a few tables at the time so it was justifiable.

I just use a speed square to mark the correct offset rather than use their fancier more expensive systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                      I just saw on the TV that they (Kreg) make an attachment for a circular saw that lets you rip plywood in pieces, straight. It is kind of like an inverted table saw.
                      Got it and it works like a champ!!!!

Comment

My first pocket jig came from Harbor Freight. I only 'piddle' as my wife puts it and didnt want to drop the coin on the Kreg. Only issue with the HF was the screws that came with it sucked. After a few years I ended up breaking the fine tip off the drill bit somehow. When I replaced I got the smallest kreg kit lowes had cause all I needed was the bit. Now that Ive used both I cant tell a difference in joints. Used them yesterday in fact

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post

I saw that and stopped in my tracks to watch the commercial. Pretty neat and would come in handy when only a couple cuts are needed. I have to empty half my garage to get table saw out.

Comment

I used to build cabinets and still do a lot of wood projects. I have this Kreg and it is great. https://www.amazon.com/Kreg-K4-Pocke.../dp/B001DYFISG

Comment

I bought this set at lowes... www.lowes.com/pd/Kreg-Pocket-Hole-Jig/1072743 buil several project including a deer blind with it... that table top clamp in that master set is nice but you can "get by" without it... the screws with the flat bottom and cutter tips are great and won't split smaller material and do hold.. but as someone else posted.. go steel and not worry about rot... ;-)

Comment

I've been a woodworker (cabinets, furniture, just about everything else) for about 15 years now. The Kreg jig is, by far, one of the most useful tools I have ever purchased. I've been through several of them over the years. There is no better "bang for you buck" than a Kreg. It will amaze you how often you will use it, how quickly it works, and how square/strong your joints will be.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
                                I used to build cabinets and still do a lot of wood projects. I have this Kreg and it is great. https://www.amazon.com/Kreg-K4-Pocke.../dp/B001DYFISG
                                I used to dado/glue all of my cabinets. I still do on rare occasions. About 10 years ago I started using a Kreg jig for the carcasses, face frames, and for attaching the face frames to the boxes. Nothing is quicker and stronger! I had already been using a Kreg for a few years before I learned how great they are for cabinets.

Comment

Working...
                                X