No announcement yet.

Potato Launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lot's of information, but still don't know how to make one.

Comment

PM me an email address. I will draw up what mine looks like and email it to you. It's sweet and will launch a potato a loooong way. Prob less than 10 bucks in it.

Comment

pvc,grill ignitor,pure ether or engine ignitor.great its like a cannon

Comment

They are classified as an illegal Firearm and it is a felony. The gangs in Chicago would pack nails and other stuff in front of the spud to kill rival gang members.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyFisherman125 View Post
            pvc,grill ignitor,pure ether or engine ignitor.great its like a cannon
            Not as good as acetylene!

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
              They are classified as an illegal Firearm and it is a felony. The gangs in Chicago would pack nails and other stuff in front of the spud to kill rival gang members.
              Sounds like a scene from Anchorman.

Comment

Lots of potential fuel--I've used WD-40, lighter fluid, paint thinner/mineral spirits, alcohol (both the internal-use and external use types). We made 'em in VN--beer cans and tennis balls. They were called "Spud guns" because we made them and used them for impromptu wars in the "Spud Club" in Phu Bai. Shot out the light bulbs with them-among other things.

Comment

Go big, find some pnuematic plans and use the co2 bottles used for paintball to charge it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Not as good as acetylene!
                    Ummmm...yeah.....this one time in high school I knew this guy who blew out all the windows in the ag shop. He also stuck welding rods in the ceiling....what else did he do.... I better stop now!

Comment

The one I had ran off "Right Guard Deoderant" Packs a punch and wont get the flint wet. I could shoot through 1/2" OSB EASY. and I never had one land close enough to see how far they went, WELL over 400 yards.

and yea limes with P.A.M. on them will go a looooonnnnnggggg ways

Comment

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

take your pick,Spud.

Comment

Hair spray works really well!!!!

Comment

Propane is my choice,

Comment

I have one but haven't shot it in about 6-7 years. Now I have one made with a 4ft blowgun pipe so I can shoot blowdarts. Stick it into a tree and it bends the wire dart in half. I chrono'd it once but can't remember the exactly but it was well over 400.

Comment

I've got a an air powerd tennis ball launcher. It will send a tennis ball through 1/2" plywood at a hair over 400 mph using 100 psi according to the guy who built the first one. I know it's fast, but have never chronod myself. I will see if I can find the one I copied.

edited to add, I can't find the one I copied. Plenty of similiar plans, but not the one I built.
                                Last edited by doublearrow; 02-07-2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X