Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on making your own scent killer..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on making your own scent killer..

I'm gathering up supplies to start making my own. Seems like a way better deal. All the recipes I see call for 3% peroxide but say not to use the kind in a brown bottle, I read to get the liquid form of shock oxidizer from the pool supply and dilute it. The brand they were referring to is 29% peroxide so they said to dilute it in water. Well I went to the pool supply and they didn't have that brand or liquid form so I ended up just getting what they had since it was so cheap. But I'm curious if it will work. It's a powder form and says it's 38% peroxide. What do I need to do to dilute it down to the right amount and do I need to let it sit after I dilute it before I mix it with the other stuff? Thanks
    Last edited by SwineAssassiN; 09-23-2017, 06:11 PM.

I can't answer your dilution question but tests have proven that one of the oldest and cheapest scent sprays on the market is the most effective; Scent Away. You can but quart size jugs pretty cheap and one of those lasts me a season easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I never worry about my scent because I have the Best attractant. I’ve found a combo of diesel fuel and used axle oil in a spray bottle spritzed on snapped cedar or pine limbs brings them in from all directions.

Comment

Photo by Ralph Smith Baking soda, five showers, plastic bags, and rubber boots. Some hunters will try everything and anything to mask their scent from a whitetail's nose, which can easily ruin anyone's hunt. And with the ever increasing number of scent-control products flooding the market, it can be difficult and frustrating to find something that will work without scaring the deer away. That's where our annual sniff test comes in. Here's what Scott Bestul learned so far while pitting new products and techniques against drug-sniffing dogs.

Comment

Put your hunting clothes in a empty corn sack and seal.

Comment

Working...
          X