Let's Talk Tripods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Talk Tripods

I'm looking for another tripod to shoot off in the wheat fields.what are y'all using. High priced to Diy let's see them.

I've got a manfrotto 190 with a modular evolution mount that my evo bipod attaches to. Also have the gen 3 trigger stick tripod.

Comment

How is the trigger stick?

Comment

Also interested in the hog saddle type rifle clamps.

Comment

The manfrotto is the go to.

I run a giotto

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've used a bunch and the Kopfjager reaper rest has been the best so far. I've used it for blind hunting, standing field hunting and range shoots and its worked great each time.

Comment

Let's talk hunting tripods!

Comment

SLIK 700DX with Reap Rest head! Won't find anything better. $400

Comment

Primos rest and tripod less than 85.00 seems to work fine and pretty light to boot...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6865.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	24522792

Comment

An old Cabelas camera tripod. Found a yoke on Amazon for $15. Done. Used it this year and made a 302 yard kill.

Comment

I went with what was a budget route for me. I already had an old Manfrotto 3205 tripod from my camera days. It is really rated on the light side for this application, but since I already had it that was what I used. Same thing for the ball head I had. Bigger would be better, but it is what I had. I just added the Pig Saddle to it, I got mine for $135 or so with a discount from SWFA. I'm honestly only into this setup for about $150.

It isn't a top end setup, but it has been working really well for me. I have put plenty of hits on steel out in the 500-1000 yard range with it.

If I had all the funds I wanted, I would just spring for all Really Right Stuff tripod, leveling head, and mount. But at that point you are up in the 800-1200 range and I just in no way can justify that for my needs.

IMG_2266 by , on Flickr

Comment

I use the latest generation of trigger stick with a pig saddle for my six-year-old. It holds the rifle at steady ready, but he still has to aim. It still allows him to move it up and down as needed as well as pivot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Feisol 3374 with RRS Leveling head direct mounted to an Arca Swiss rail will be the most solid setup but will run around a grand after all is said and done.

However, I can go from glassing with spotter mounted on a Swiss rail to shooting in under 30 seconds.

Comment

Got the PIG saddle and a silk tripod a few years back. Haven't had any issues with it holding a 12lb rifle. Might get a taller tripod to see how it does shooting standing up.

Comment

I am very excited about this new carbon fiberNight Stalker Shooting Tripod from Night Goggles. It's only $138 and weighs 4 pounds, plus you can take off one leg and use it as a monopod.

I'm going to put my Kopfjager Reaper Grip on top and keep my old steel Manfrotto tripod at home for photography.

The most portable, affordable and universal tripod to date. With lightweight, durable carbon fiber legs with camouflage pads, leveling ball-head and state of the art innovation

Comment

Working...
                              X