Texting & Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texting & Driving

Who texts/selfies/Instagram/etc and drives? Be honest....

Why do you do it? Is it that important? Are you ok with your teenage kids doing the same?

I'll be honest, I've done it and catch myself doing it from time to time. If I consciously tell myself not to do it before getting behind the wheel, then I won't do it.

What is really concerning is there are ALOT of "Live Hunts" on this board where guys are clearly driving to a hunting location and reach over and take pics of their sleeping KIDS!!!

The only time that I guess I technically do it is when I am on the way home and there is a wreck that has traffic stopped. I usually send one to let the wife know that I will be home late.

-john

Comment

not me, I'm way too stupid to both at the same time and I recognize that fact. I hate folks texting and driving.

Comment

I don't do selfies while driving. I do text though, however, it's via bluetooth. I've had numerous close calls with cars slowing coming into my lane and when I get next to them, they're on their phones either texting or trying to read text messages. Usually young teenagers too.

Comment

Only text when stopped at a light. Very rarely talk on the phone while driving also

Comment

Not me

Comment

I try not to even do it while stopped at lights. We had a safety meeting on Friday and this was the subject...that's why I brought it up.

Comment

The trouble with doing at lights is people never realize the light turns green and they just slow everyone else up.

-john

Comment

Very seldom. I have to put my readers on to see the screen, so that deters me.

I would say on my travels tru Houston, it's a 50/50 split on every vehicle I pass.

Comment

I do unless it's illegal

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      I do unless it's illegal
                      Do you/Will you encourage your kids to do it as well....you know, b/c it's legal?

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                        I try not to even do it while stopped at lights. We had a safety meeting on Friday and this was the subject...that's why I brought it up.
                        Oh you the guy thats ahead of me at Red light and lights turned Green (and not going)and everyone's Honking at..But still better than While Driving.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                          Do you/Will you encourage your kids to do it as well....you know, b/c it's legal?
                          No

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterlo70 View Post
                            I don't do selfies while driving. I do text though, however, it's via bluetooth. I've had numerous close calls with cars slowing coming into my lane and when I get next to them, they're on their phones either texting or trying to read text messages. Usually young teenagers too.
                            haha this made me laugh after re-reading it. Let me clarify. I DO NOT take selfies... period! I started typing this initially and my mind wandered elsewhere.

Comment

The problem is that all the new phones dont have buttons to feel for. I remember I could type a novel on the old Nokia phones without ever looking away from the road. I try not to do it these days but I am still guilty of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X