Leupold CDS mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold CDS mod?

Is it pretty straight forward to send off a Leupold scope to have their CDS installed?

I have a VX-3i 4.5-14x40 (30mm tube) that I would like to have CDS added to ... any idea on cost and turnaround time?

Can they also change the reticle?

It’s pretty easy, pick you’re specific ammo and a few other details and fill out the form on their website, I had my last 3 dials back in about 5 weeks, but I just installed them myself, They can replace reticles, not sure about cost or turnaround time. Most models offer a free turret for your first, did you buy the scope new?

Last edited by oneisnone; 12-12-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I have a few Leupold scopes with the CDS dial. I also reload and you can get a dial for each load you shoot, even for the same gun. But, if you do that you will need to re-zero for each one every time you change out the dial. For that reason, I have my favorite load for each caliber and just use one dial.
      I sent my load data to Leupold and told them where I wanted them to set my zero. You also need to tell the the elevation you will be hunting +/- 2000 feet and also the temperature range +/- 20 degree F for where you will be hunting. It cost I believe about $65 dollars for the custom dial matched to your load. I have not changed a reticle so I do not know how much that would cost.
      I can tell you that the dials are very accurate and well worth the money. Depending on the time of year, the turn around time is 2-4 weeks.

Comment

It is around $150 to have a scope converted to the CDS. I talked to a guy at the Custom shop a while back. I have one I want to get changed out as well. It comes with one custom turret, and around $50 for each additional. You can call them to get more info. He told me just to send it to them and they would do the work. I will call them again before I ship mine out.

Comment

Working...
        X