Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pricing

I'm interested in several guided hunts. One thing I notice is few guides post their prices. Curious to know why this is? Seems to me they'd get sick of people calling to ask for pricing instead of just posting it up.

IMO they do it to keep from being criticized about how expensive hunting really is. Tire kickers will always whine and moan about how over priced it is, but those who are serious won't mind calling to find out prices.

And since everyone in that industry knows everyone else in that industry, they keep each other's pricing in line.

Comment

Probably so they can really explain all you get, how much fun your going to have before you freak out over the price.....plus tip

Comment

My dad sold his motorhome a few years ago.One guy asked him how many miles per gallon it got.He said "you mean gallons per mile"?
        I think most people like to get a feel for who they're dealing with and what they're up against before posting a price for all to see.Everyone's needs vary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
          I'm interested in several guided hunts. One thing I notice is few guides post their prices. Curious to know why this is? Seems to me they'd get sick of people calling to ask for pricing instead of just posting it up.
          What are you looking to hunt? Public land or high fence? Bow or Rifle? Use this forum to get recommendations. Cheap hunts are just that... cheap hunts.

Comment

It's a good way to weed people out. People only interested in price aren't going to call, and people interested in a quality hunt probably won't care so much about the price.

Comment

Once you hook up with a good outfitter just ask them about some customer horror stories. I am amazed at some of the stuff I hear. You will soon understand why prices are what they are.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

One thing I've learned about day leases .. Go to the ones that have a " No Kill = No Pay " with a small fee for staying at the Ranch.

Comment

Our site sponsors have their prices on the websites. Please check with them to see if they can help you find what you are looking for.

Comment

Trying to get a rough estimate for a Pronghorn hunt in Wyoming, Montana, ect so my brother who lives in Oregon and I can meet half way.

Comment

Bowhunting Safari Consultants has prices and the additional fees listed in their catalog.

Some of the smaller outfitters don't list prices because their prices change from year to year and they don't want to bother with updating their website.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                          IMO they do it to keep from being criticized about how expensive hunting really is. Tire kickers will always whine and moan about how over priced it is, but those who are serious won't mind calling to find out prices.

And since everyone in that industry knows everyone else in that industry, they keep each other's pricing in line.
                          Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          Probably so they can really explain all you get, how much fun your going to have before you freak out over the price.....plus tip
                          Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          Once you hook up with a good outfitter just ask them about some customer horror stories. I am amazed at some of the stuff I hear. You will soon understand why prices are what they are.
                          All of the above. I swear some tire kickers wouldn't buy a hunt if it was reduced from $2,000 down to $200 They're like the old woman that walks around the HOA subdivision pointing out what's wrong with everyone's lawn just wasting everyone's time.

Comment

Trying to get a rough estimate for a Pronghorn hunt in Wyoming, Montana, ect so my brother who lives in Oregon and I can meet half way.
                            Contact Clark at Safari1 outfitters. He probably has a bunch of different outfitters, he's out of Cody, WY. Great pricing, awesome guy to work with.

Comment

I was always told growing "if you have to ask you can't afford it". So any outfitter without prices I don't bother with.

Comment

Working...
                              X