No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great season guys... thanks for posting and keeping it interesting.

Based on the online chatter and the feedback from the check in lists, I am assuming we are going to be down from the 42 re-quals from last year... but only guessing.

ROLL CALL !!!! Who got it done?

I got my doe, 3.5 y/o.

Comment

Just a spike...no golden ticket but I learned a lot this season and am thankful for the meat and experience

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

In 41/2 doe

Comment

Two doe. Both 4.5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
            Great season guys... thanks for posting and keeping it interesting.

Based on the online chatter and the feedback from the check in lists, I am assuming we are going to be down from the 42 re-quals from last year... but only guessing.

ROLL CALL !!!! Who got it done?

I got my doe, 3.5 y/o.
            1 doe 4.5

Buddy killed 1 doe and 2 spikes on normal land and 2 does in the park hunt.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

1 doe 3.5yo

Comment

I see a trend with the age...pretty sure I could of shot the yearlings coming around and got the exemption....did yalls guy age by weight or by jaw

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                  I see a trend with the age...pretty sure I could of shot the yearlings coming around and got the exemption....did yalls guy age by weight or by jaw

Jaw

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                    Mine was aged with the jaw vs the deer aging tool (cast sample jaw bones of each year type).

I think the trend comes from ...

1) Hunters not shooting yearlings or small 1.5s, as they are obviously small and could be misidentified nubbin bucks (especially later in the year when they are walking as singles).

2) does older than 4.5 can be really hard to age, so once the teeth are complete and starting to get worn an age of "4.5 or greater" is given. Mature is mature and that is really the only requirement.

My 2nd doe last season was a decent sized doe, but only a 1.5 y/o. I know they are willing to age low and stick to the age. (The guy at the check-in was relieved to hear that I had already darted an older doe, but he was prepared to send me on my way without my golden ticket.)

Comment

He guys aging are just guessing. Even with the jaw tool. I shot a nubbin buck 2 years ago and the guy tried to tell me it was a 2.5yr doe. Another year I shot a yearling spike and he tried to say 3.5 year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_ View Post
                        He guys aging are just guessing. Even with the jaw tool. I shot a nubbin buck 2 years ago and the guy tried to tell me it was a 2.5yr doe. Another year I shot a yearling spike and he tried to say 3.5 year.

I am sure some of the volunteer checkers could be poor at it.... I'd never be that lucky.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you think I could sell them a mature raccoon as a young doe??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen your cam photos.... some may qualify.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

I got four total. Two does and two spikes. Both Does were aged at 3 1/2.

Comment

You slayer....Good work

Comment

Working...
                                X