Wife's Red Stag at Double Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife's Red Stag at Double Arrow

Disclaimer: If any of you guys were going to shoot for husband of the year; Don't bother because I've got it in the bag!

This all started with Curtis from Double Arrow Bowhunting posting pictures of some "management" stag he had available for hunts on Facebook. Everyday this one in particular would pop up on my newsfeed. Add this to the fact that I had just recently accepted a new job with a new company, and was going to have a few days off for the transition AND taking in a huge number of skulls already this year for Euro mounts; I decided to treat myself!

I called Curtis to get the details of the hunt and put down the deposit. Well, little did I know my wife had been seeing the same pictures of the stag and had already decided SHE wanted to go on the hunt. This was all before she even knew that I put down the deposit for the hunt the following week. Well, I won't go in to all of the details between, but I eventually gave in and decided to let her go on the hunt. I have really been wanting a big axis buck anyway.

So my wife and her partner in crime, perfectstorm, make plans to head out Wednesday. Welllll, after talking to Curtis about how big these stag are we quickly figure out that all of the coolers and hopefully the head/antlers are not going to fit in her small SUV. So what does my beautiful wife suggest.... Why don't they just take my brand new truck, I had just picked up from Truckville Ford in Sour Lake, that I hadn't even put a tank of fuel in yet!? SURE, WHY NOT?!

So they head off and get to Curtis' place and of course with my wife's luck she gets to 'upgrade' to a larger class of stag than previously thought due to a no show hunter earlier in the week. She was using her dad's Ruger 300 win mag that he left to her, before he passed away. She had not been able to close the deal on an animal with it since his passing a few years back, so this had the potential to be extra special to her. Curtis was able to put her on an awesome animal, and she blew me away when she sent me the pictures! I was planning on just a skull mount, but after she got home, he went straight to the taxi for a shoulder mount.

Curtis called me after they had left for trip back home and told me that he didn't know what to expect when I called him, to tell him I was sending him two women by their self; but he would take them both again anytime over a lot of the guys he gets through there for hunts. That made me proud
    She came home with an awesome stag, had an awesome time and made some great memories. Getting to use her dad's gun really topped it off.

Curtis at Double Arrow is a top notch guy and would hunt with him again any day!

One proud husband right here!

Enjoy the pics!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bonehead1283; 01-14-2017, 09:54 AM.

Gotta love it when the women get it done by themselves! Congrats to her, and good on you for giving her the hunt!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice....

Comment

Awesome!!!

Congrats to your wife!!!!

Comment

Nice Stag. Congrats to the ladies

Comment

Congrats to her!

Comment

Awesome stag, and a great story to go along with it

Comment

Sweet!!

Comment

Curtis is a great guy and runs a great operation with chances at true trophy class animals. Congrats to your wife

Comment

Awesome stag, congrats.

Comment

Congrats to your wife on a fine animal! And too you for husband of the year award!

Comment

Wow, nice!

Comment

Awesome stag congrats to her.

Comment

What an animal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome animal. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X