X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the numbers

Allow me to introduce some statistics

Corona Virus 2020

As of today their has been 65,564 confirmed cases in the USA. 929 deaths.

Country has come to dang near complete shut down. crashed economy and untold numbers of people loosing their jobs.

Swine Flu 2009/2010 their was 60.8 MILLION confirmed case in the USA. 12,469 deaths.

Now, I ask that you review those numbers again,,,,absorb those numbers, memorize those numbers.

I do not recall the country coming to a complete shut down during the swine flu pandemic, do you?

Just some further number facts for comparison;

Average number of abortions in the USA 600,000

Average number of deaths per year due to drunk driving 10,000

Is it just me or have we lost our ever living minds?

Haven’t lost my mind

Comment

By your numbers, Corona is much more deadly than Swine Flu. And I'm willing to bet a large number of those 65,564 people aren't out of the woods yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
        By your numbers, Corona is much more deadly than Swine Flu. And I'm willing to bet a large number of those 65,564 people aren't out of the woods yet.
        And there are hundreds of thousands that have gone untested with mild symptoms or none at all.

That fatality rate is a statistical testing flaw.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
          And there are hundreds of thousands that have gone untested with mild symptoms or none at all.

That fatality rate is a statistical testing flaw.

But that somehow didn’t happen with swine flu? It’s all relative.

Comment

How a handful of Democratic activists created alarming, but inaccurate data to scare local and state officials into making rash, economy-killing mandates.

in case you missed it...wish we would follow the yearly flu numbers like this. Perspective. Nothing to mess with but I'll bet the final numbers show us it wasn't worth the cure & glad to eat crow if I'm wrong but don't think we will reach Swine Flu deaths #'s. It's a gamble on my part since Italy is over half way there but I'm betting it's about to flatten out & a hopeful cure in about two weeks. Just a wag.

Comment

35000 are killed and over 3 million injured every year in automobile accidents yet we are building freeways constantly. Shut down the roads emergency!

Comment

But that somehow didn’t happen with swine flu? It’s all relative.
                Those numbers for swine flu are from 2009/2010 after all of the testing was said and done (historical data). Once the numbers for COVID are out in late 2020/2021 it’s going to show us that this has been a load of crock.

C’mon man, think about it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  35000 are killed and over 3 million injured every year in automobile accidents yet we are building freeways constantly. Shut down the roads emergency!
                  Hows your Brother and Niece doing? I've been keeping them , you and your entire family in my prayers.

Comment

Those numbers for swine flu are from 2009/2010 after all of the testing was said and done (historical data). Once the numbers for COVID are out in late 2020/2021 it’s going to show us that this has been a load of crock.

And if it doesn't, what will the excuse be then? Were the numbers this skewed in the early months of swine flu?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/25...sed-lockdowns/

in case you missed it...wish we would follow the yearly flu numbers like this. Perspective. Nothing to mess with but I'll bet the final numbers show us it wasn't worth the cure & glad to eat crow if I'm wrong but don't think we will reach Swine Flu deaths #'s. It's a gamble on my part since Italy is over half way there but I'm betting it's about to flatten out & a hopeful cure in about two weeks. Just a wag.
                      I did miss it. Thank you for sharing and bringing it to my attention.

Comment

And if it doesn't, what will the excuse be then? Were the numbers this skewed in the early months of swine flu?
                        The numbers presented for the swine flu are the numbers after it was all said and done. Grant it, corona or covid 19 numbers are still being tallied by the day. Could they exceed the swine flu pandemic, possibly, but we won't know the true numbers until it's all said and done.

The point I'm attempting to present is, we did not shut down a country or globe for that matter during the swine flu pandemic. We don't shut down our freeways and roads due to drunk driving deaths. We don't shut down because of abortions, common Flu and any other disease that could cause death.

This whole crisis is being blown out of proportion, imo.

Comment

If anyone thinks, after shutting down the Country, they will release true numbers that show how stupid they all were then well....You need to wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            If anyone thinks, after shutting down the Country, they will release true numbers that show how stupid they all were then well....You need to wake up.
                            and adding 6 trillion dollars to an already huge debt load.

Comment

Certainly is not any proof that is accurate

Comment

Working...
                              X