17 hmr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha

Looks like the start of a JMarlin thread which a short sentence less then 10 words and calling upon the masses

My dad loves the HMR I got him a few years back

He's liking my 17 Hornet more and I agree with him

Comment

Love mine. Its a savage with Tasco scope.
      Its like shooting an air rifle with incredible long range accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
        I have the savage bolt, I want the semi automatic. The problem is if I get the semi I probably will not shot the bolt any more.
        Trade the bolt towards the semi. I think my buddy is on the verge of doing that very thing.

Comment

my buddy got a savage bolt for predator hunting. The first nigh we had it out we didn't call in a single predator but we had a rabbit hanging around my call. So when it was time to pack it up call it a hunt, he decided to shoot the rabbit to see what this new little round would do. It almost blew this rabbit in half, after that I was convinced it was a round that was all its said to be and more. Im thinking about getting one to carry with me to stands to shoot anything from corn steeling squirrels, crows and coons all the way up to pigs.

Comment

Y'all quit praising the .17hmr! Next we won't be able to find those bullets like 22wmr.

Comment

On small varmints like prairie dogs the .17 grain vmax is pretty destructive. But if you hit bone on a bigger animal it will splash and cause a pretty nasty wound but that's about it. I've lost a few large boar raccoons after they took a solid hit to the chest. I shot a bobcat from around 100 yards and it took 4 shots to kill it. The first shot hit it through the throat. I've never had any trouble killing badgers with the .17hmr though but they're not near as tough as a yote or bobcat.

Comment

I have a Marlin and a savage and my marlin groups better

Comment

I got the ruger American threaded barrel with a silencer sounds like a high powered pellet gun and deadly as heck, save my .22 for my kiddos

Comment

I picked up a M&P 15-22 got it all decked out and started shooting a lot... That just lead to wanting to shooto further and more accurate.

That lead to buying this...

And got it decked out with a Nikon Pro staff 5 scope. I can put 5 shot in a quarter at 100 yards with it. I shot my first hog with it a couple months back. About 40 yards out right between the eyes.

Comment

I've killed countless critters with my savage 17hmr! Everything from squirrels to hogs! I shot a big gobbler with mine this past spring at about 125 yards and he didn't even flop after it hit him. I prefer the 20 grain hollow points for bigger stuff like coyotes and hogs or what not. Doesn't just explode when it hits and punches on through a little better it seems. Def will drop a hog if you put it in the ear!

Comment

Here's mine I love it! It's a Savage.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                          Here's mine I love it! It's a Savage.

That looks killer

Comment

Originally posted by morris View Post
                            I have a Marlin bolt action but only use the ballistic tips; good up to about 100 yds IMO. Shot a ton of stuff from coons to yotes to pigs. Only head shots with it dont think I would ever make a body shot on animal with it.
                            they are so pin point accurate a head shot is no problem, just point and click. I have to of these rifles, both with sweet 17 scopes and Im surgical with them.

Comment

How are they to shoot repeatedly without ear pro? Buddy had one years ago, we were at a range though so had to wear it anyway. Ammo costs the same as .223 reloads for me, so if it is much louder than a .22 LR I can't see a need for one v

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                                How are they to shoot repeatedly without ear pro? Buddy had one years ago, we were at a range though so had to wear it anyway. Ammo costs the same as .223 reloads for me, so if it is much louder than a .22 LR I can't see a need for one v
                                It is louder than a .22LR but not so loud you need ear protection.

Comment

Working...
                                X