Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That group looks just a tad low! You must have shot left handed, huh?

Good luck!

Bisch

Comment

Nice deer.

Comment

Great!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Good luck!

Bisch
          Tad low = not possible.

Good luck with her.

Comment

Good luck!

Bisch

Just trying to hit where the "Bisch the Great" says to aim for! Plus after battling with them dang African critters, my mind is drawn to shoot low in the pocket now!!

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
            Tad low = not possible.

Good luck with her.

Comment

Good luck!

Bisch
              That is only low when it is in the Spring/Summer. And I really wish they'd put a 12 ring down there. I'd go for broke every time.

Good shooting Shiloh... got any plans with here on non-foam targets in the upcoming weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                That is only low when it is in the Spring/Summer. And I really wish they'd put a 12 ring down there. I'd go for broke every time.

Good shooting Shiloh... got any plans with here on non-foam targets in the upcoming weeks?
                We shall see what happens with her. I didn't get to shoot but about 5 minutes last night and actually had my phone set up in front of my target so I'd have light to see where I was shooting at! Really only got to watch my first group of arrows fly and they seemed to be fine but need to shoot some more in daylight to be sure.

I'm scheduled off several days between Nov.9 thru the 16th or so and plan on being in the woods from daylight til dark on most of those days so hopefully something will screw up and come through. During that stint, I'm sure I'll pack her with me a few times if we get along well enough over the next week or so on the practice range. All of my deer right now are only moving at night pretty much, especially all my target bucks so I'm really, really, REALLLLLY hoping for some cooler weather by then to push them to move a bit more in the daytime. I've had lots of opportunities to shoot stuff, nearly every sit, but have seen very few bucks so far. Granted, I really haven't pushed my luck that much for myself and have been mainly concerned with trying to get my wife on a good buck with her bow so far this season and have stayed away from my honey holes waiting for just the right time.

Comment

Who's up next on the list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                    Who's up next on the list?

According to the list

10. SwampRabbit

11. little john

12. moreammo

13. LMButler

14. MedicineMan7

15. MEsquivel

16. slayer

17. Restless
                    It would be MEsquivel

Comment

Has the bow passed yet?

Comment

She's home!!!
                        I just got my hands on Sacagawea.

Comment

Nice, Manuel!

I hope you enjoy your time with her, and get to get a hunt or two in.

Bisch

Comment

Oh Snap she's in the hands of a natural born killa. Good luck my Friend

Comment

Thanks for posting and letting me know, best of luck and waiting for your write up.

Comment

Hello, everyone!

First of all I want to thank you all for doing this and for the opportunity.
                                I got to the bow late last night, so I was unable to do my introductory write-up.

My name is Manuel Esquivel. I was born in Laredo, Texas back in 1982.
                                I've been married for 7 years and Im a proud father of two little boys. Manuel, a 5 year old avid hunter and archer. And Nicolas, my 2 year old tornado and hunter in the making.
                                I was introduced to hunting by my father at early age. I hauled a bb gun for as long as I can remember. Taking out bunnies since I was about 3.
                                My interest into archery started when I was 8 years old. I randomly asked Santa to bring me a bow for Christmas, and to my surprise, he got me a very nice Browning compound and a dozen camo aluminums.
                                My father knew nothing about archery. So I asked one of my uncles to help me setup and sight in my bow. Before too long, I was pulling out a mattress into the back yard to use as backstop and shooting foam cups on top of a cardboard box with my bow. (Of course, when mom wasnt home).
                                I mainly hunt in Mexico. Most of the people I know that have ranches are across the border. For this particular reason, a bow was a must. As a teen, I couldnt afford a lease or get gun permits, so if I wanted to hunt I had to take my bow with me.
                                I believe I got my first big game (javelina) with my compound when I was about 14.
                                I got pretty good shooting a compound and killed lots of animals.
                                In 2010 I started shooting a recurve. My compound got old, but I think one of the main reasons I started with the recurve is that I had moved into an apartment and had no space to shoot my bow.
                                I got out at the parking lot and layed a bag target against the wall and shot a cheap greatree with untuned arrows at about 8 yards.
                                It started to come together and that year I took out a few javelinas with my recurve. A few months later I got my hands on a used bob lee and that completely knocked it out of the park. I practiced and practiced until I was stacking them at 17 yards and never looked back.
                                Thats my hunting background...now to Sacagawea.
                                I wasn't expecting the bow to get home until Friday, but it made it in last night.
                                I wont lie, It was a special moment for me. Im sure it was my brain selling me the idea, but I felt the power of the bow just by opening the case. Knowing that the best traditional archers in Texas have hunted with this bow made me feel honored to have the opportunity. I gently grabbed and assembled the 3 piece bow and while doing so I could only imagine all the hunts its been through. My friend Shiloh left a note telling me about the brace height and I followed his direction and went to setting it up.
                                The bow is 6# lighter than my lightest bow. I was concerned because of my short draw length and grabbed my lowest spine cedars and take her outside.
                                Now I have not practiced in a long time son I knew I was going to be a little off.
                                Well, first round is up. I shoot 4 arrows and they all fly together. Arrows seem overspined for the bow, but Im surprised I could get them to group.
                                This bow is fast, smooth and very silent.
                                So I go back inside and get some carbons. I play around for a little bit until I get them to fly like they should.
                                In less than 20 minutes, I had this new to me bow, tunned and hitting the target at 15 yards.
                                It was late but Im happy that I did it. I will post a few pics of the process.
                                The weekend cant get here soon enough. Im excited to try her out on an animal.

to be continued......
                                Last edited by MEsquivel; 12-01-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X