Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 08-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #1
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas
Default Florida "stand yo groun' ---update..

white homeboy was charged...
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ughter-n900181

regardless who's side you take... holy **** is that article slanted in a travon martin sort of way.....

Last edited by systemnt; 08-13-2018 at 02:20 PM.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
white homeboy was charged...
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ughter-n900181

regardless who's side you take... holy **** is that article slanted in a travon martin sort of way.....
You got that right. Geez
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
Thumper
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
You got that right. Geez
That's a given in today's times. First defense witness called, the Sheriff.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #4
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Apparently the guy has been looking to shoot someone for a while. He has pulled out the gun several times on different individuals....including a guy for stopping at a yellow light.
Hope he goes away for a long time.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2018, 12:46 PM   #5
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Is anyone really surprised??
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2018, 09:27 PM   #6
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Apparently the guy has been looking to shoot someone for a while. He has pulled out the gun several times on different individuals....including a guy for stopping at a yellow light.
Hope he goes away for a long time.
Not saying thats the right move..but i understand.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:39 PM   #7
125Dad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coke Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Not saying thats the right move..but i understand.
Very true. Even more so justified if your Prairie doging.
125Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2018, 10:54 PM   #8
Johnny44
Eight Point

The guy was an *** and deserves to be the one dead, I hope he gets the electric chair.

I’ve seen these punks harass disable vets with prosthetic legs under their pants because they are so narcissistic they believe they make the rules. The State, DMV, and credentialed medical doctors make these rules, not some butt faced old white guy.

And yes, every time I’ve witnessed it on darn near a weekly basis, its some old white fart doing a plate inspection with choice words and a stink face. And, its never a so called left winger either. Its almost always a right wing enforcer wanna be which saddens me.

I hope he gets reminded by his cell mate every night sans lubricant.

People should mind their own business!

Last edited by Johnny44; 08-16-2018 at 11:06 PM.
Johnny44 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 10:36 AM   #9
J Loves Huntin
Four Point

Hunt In: Anywhere

Honestly this doesn't sound like a stand your ground law... it sounds like a mind your own business time. No one should get shot for pushing a citizen... pushing a LEO possibly for altercation. This guy had a history of looking for trouble. In Texas the CHL law states during the day you have to be in fear for your life... not trying to get out of a fight.
J Loves Huntin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 11:40 AM   #10
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

This guy really pizzed me off for stealing my parking spot. Thought he was gonna whup up on me for taking picture. He was wearing gym shorts and new Nikes so I knew I couldn't outrun him. Then he must have realized I was probably a disgruntled old vet and and senior citizen and was probably loaded for bear
Attached Images

muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 01:51 PM   #11
Charles
Pope & Young

The shooter is toast.

He instigated the confrontation.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 07:45 AM   #12
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

The point of this thread was/is not that the guy is guilty or not guilty. The point is the article is slanted.

And for some odd reason when a black man gets shot after robbing a store and pulling a gun on LEO's the articles written are not slanted against the bad guy...it's just the opposite.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 08:48 AM   #13
Johnny44
Eight Point

Thats your perception of the “point”.

My ONLY perception is folk should stop worrying about whoever parks in a handicap unless they are LEO and mind their own business.
Johnny44 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 10:13 AM   #14
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
The point of this thread was/is not that the guy is guilty or not guilty. The point is the article is slanted.

And for some odd reason when a black man gets shot after robbing a store and pulling a gun on LEO's the articles written are not slanted against the bad guy...it's just the opposite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny44 View Post
Thats your perception of the “point”.

My ONLY perception is folk should stop worrying about whoever parks in a handicap unless they are LEO and mind their own business.
No. You are wrong.
He was dead on as to the point.
Pretty obvious from the OP's last sentence.

Signed,
The OP

Last edited by systemnt; 08-21-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:20 AM   #15
jer_james
Pope & Young

I would argue that point considering the background checks and mentioning of history that corresponds with the articles.

Guy shot in the back, running away from the police. But he was guilty of assault 8 years ago ...
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 11:08 AM   #16
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny44 View Post
I agree that a handicapped parking spot isnt worth killing somebody over. But where do you draw the line on watching somebody actively breaking the law?
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #17
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
I agree that a handicapped parking spot isnt worth killing somebody over. But where do you draw the line on watching somebody actively breaking the law?
This is a tough question - liability has changed things tremendously.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #18
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
That's where common sense comes into play.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 11:59 AM   #19
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
That's where common sense comes into play.
Unfortunately, commonsense ain't so common anymore.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:21 PM   #20
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Hunt In: granger, victoria

I guess they should shut down neighborhood watch and citizen on patrol programs as well. We should all just look away as we see people break the law. Cause that would make us wanna be cops. So when you see people shop lifting, driving drunk, breaking into a house or car just mind your own business and move along.

Or IMO it is a better idea to not put your hands on someone because you might get shot.
Dirtymike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 01:32 PM   #21
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtymike View Post
I guess they should shut down neighborhood watch and citizen on patrol programs as well. We should all just look away as we see people break the law. Cause that would make us wanna be cops. So when you see people shop lifting, driving drunk, breaking into a house or car just mind your own business and move along.

Or IMO it is a better idea to not put your hands on someone because you might get shot.
So you see parking in a handicap spot the same as shop lifting or driving drunk or a break in?
Old 08-21-2018, 01:38 PM   #22
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:

In all of your examples above you should contact the appropriate authorities. Monitor the situation from a distance until authorities arrive.

Non the the examples you provided nor the bitching at someone in a handicap parking spot is worth the confrontation that could arise.

Pretty simple concept.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:27 AM   #23
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
In all of your examples above you should contact the appropriate authorities. Monitor the situation from a distance until authorities arrive.

Non the the examples you provided nor the bitching at someone in a handicap parking spot is worth the confrontation that could arise.

Pretty simple concept.

In your mind.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #24
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
So you see parking in a handicap spot the same as shop lifting or driving drunk or a break in?
Nope, are any two crimes the same?

In my mind and yes i understand this maybe only in my mind.

I feel like we need to stop looking the other way. Parking in a handicap space is upsetting for me. I have friends and family both young and old that really need those close easy access spaces. Using the space causes them more pain or ties up their time circling in the parking lot waiting. I am sick or rude people that feel entitled to do what ever they want. What is next, stepping in front of the disabled person in line to check out?

The problem is not confronting someone doing something wrong. The problem is attacking someone and thinking it is ok.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:39 AM   #25
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

We have made lawyers rich and criminals empowered because of " liability ". Some police dept are going to stop perusing anyone who runs because it is not safe for the criminal. I guess we should all just look the other way and mind our own business no matter what is going on because we are scared of a confrontation.

The thugs already won!
Old 08-22-2018, 11:01 AM   #26
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Nope, are any two crimes the same?

In my mind and yes i understand this maybe only in my mind.

I feel like we need to stop looking the other way. Parking in a handicap space is upsetting for me. I have friends and family both young and old that really need those close easy access spaces. Using the space causes them more pain or ties up their time circling in the parking lot waiting. I am sick or rude people that feel entitled to do what ever they want. What is next, stepping in front of the disabled person in line to check out?

The problem is not confronting someone doing something wrong. The problem is attacking someone and thinking it is ok.
Where I see the difference is I believe there are ways to confront situations. Bickering and yelling at someone for parking incorrectly is not the same as trying to thwart a theft or helping an innocent bystander.

I also see why the man attacked the other man and think he was absolutely wrong as well. You should not go up to someone and shove them just for yelling at a female companion. You can de-escalate the situation, and live another day without the shove.

That being said, the price for a shove, should not be death. Especially when there was no attempt to beat or continue the threat of violence.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #27
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Where I see the difference is I believe there are ways to confront situations. Bickering and yelling at someone for parking incorrectly is not the same as trying to thwart a theft or helping an innocent bystander.

I also see why the man attacked the other man and think he was absolutely wrong as well. You should not go up to someone and shove them just for yelling at a female companion. You can de-escalate the situation, and live another day without the shove.

That being said, the price for a shove, should not be death. Especially when there was no attempt to beat or continue the threat of violence.
So what should be the alternative to you walking out the grocery store and some thug who is a foot taller and 100lbs heavier than your wife barking at her nose to nose?

You'd channel your inner Deepak Chopra and become the Dali Lama to diffuse the situation?
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2018, 12:52 PM   #28
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
We have made lawyers rich and criminals empowered because of " liability ". Some police dept are going to stop perusing anyone who runs because it is not safe for the criminal. I guess we should all just look the other way and mind our own business no matter what is going on because we are scared of a confrontation.

The thugs already won!
My wife has sat in the NO PARKING FIRE LANE while waiting for me to run in a store for a few seconds.
That fire lane ticket is more than a handicap space one.

So a thug is privileged to bark at my wife for being double parked in a fire lane when this guy comes up?
Old 08-22-2018, 01:12 PM   #29
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
My wife has sat in the NO PARKING FIRE LANE while waiting for me to run in a store for a few seconds.
That fire lane ticket is more than a handicap space one.

So a thug is privileged to bark at my wife for being double parked in a fire lane when this guy comes up?
I did not say that at all. That is a fire lane. If there was a fire she could of moved.

I mean if it is no big deal why did you just not park in a handicap spot? Hell why dont we just do away with them?
Old 08-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #30
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Quote:
So what should be the alternative to you walking out the grocery store and some thug who is a foot taller and 100lbs heavier than your wife barking at her nose to nose?

You'd channel your inner Deepak Chopra and become the Dali Lama to diffuse the situation?

If a man was arguing with my wife I would tell him it in his best interest to give up and walk away. As she is always right.

Besides she is a big girl. They are words. I would not assault the guy. I am smarter than that.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #31
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Quote:

There is no audio. So we do not know what was said or at what level.

The guy after pushing him down took another step to him before pulling the weapon or while he was pulling the weapon. The man standing could have easily at any moment followed up with a swift kick to the face. He did not push him down then check on his poor little wifey.

Dont down play it to a shove. He put that man on his rear and hard! The dude flew thru the air. A shove would be walking in between the two and pushing him back. The dude took a running start and launched the other dude.

Now if you changed it from my wife that intentionally illegally parked then got mad when someone pointed it out to my daughter who just started driving and parked there by mistake. I might be on the side of taking a running start to put someone on their rear with a high impact. But we are talking adults.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #32
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
I did not say that at all. That is a fire lane. If there was a fire she could of moved.

I mean if it is no big deal why did you just not park in a handicap spot? Hell why dont we just do away with them?
Handicap spot is further from the front door
Why would I want to walk that far?
She sat curbside while I ran in the store quickly.
Badda boom
Badda bam!
Old 08-22-2018, 01:24 PM   #33
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Quote:
Handicap spot is further from the front door
Why would I want to walk that far?
She sat curbside while I ran in the store quickly.
Badda boom
Badda bam!
so no problem. She was not taking a spot dedicated for someone that needs it. I think we all have done what you are talking about.

badda boom or what ever that means. LMAO
Old 08-22-2018, 01:38 PM   #34
hot_rod_eddie
Ten Point

Hunt In: NC, SC

Crappy situation for certain. Guy was looking for trouble. I can imagine what the female was saying. Dead guy over reacted, gun guy over reacted. Park where you supposed to park = no problem. Keep your hands to yourself = no problem. Don't try to police the world = no problem. Manslaughter is too much.
And about getting in other people's business by telling them to stay out of people's business....lmao.
hot_rod_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2018, 10:43 AM   #35
Thumper
Pope & Young

Not all handicaps are physical, was the note left under my windshield wiper. I stood right behind her and watched her write the note holding 4 bags of ice. I had only parked at the front door to pick up the 4 bags of ice I had bought. But she didn't know this.

Then there are those who park in handicap slots because they'er entitled to everything, because they're a minority.

Last edited by Thumper; 08-26-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #36
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:

The thugs already won!
Lawyers with no concern for the law or humanity and liberal, bleeding heart, judges have empowered criminals...
Rid "the system" of these 2 and the whole ball game changes for the better..

But the right decision was made in this case.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2018, 08:19 PM   #37
RJH1
Eight Point

I think we should do away with handicap spots, then no ones panties have to get in a wad.
RJH1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2018, 08:41 PM   #38
bobc
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bell County, New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH1 View Post
I think we should do away with handicap spots, then no ones panties have to get in a wad.

I disagree. My 72 yo father is handicapped and struggles to get from a to b even in short distances. Folks can get their panties in a wad over something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bobc is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top