TBH Cycling Club - 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Cycling Club - 2015

There is probably not much riding going on just yet but I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread. As the last thread grew to 16 pages we discovered there are quite a few cyclists around here - road bikers, mountain bikers and even an avid unicyclist! For those new to this thread, many of us use the Strava app to keep up with our routes and mileage. Just download it and join the texasbowhunter "club" on the website. Happy riding - let's all have a great year in the saddle!

I'm not much of a cold weather rider - my bike has been hanging in the garage since the end of October. What is everybody doing to stay in shape in the off season? Starting Jan 1st I joined a spin class and go three times a week. I've never done a class before and I can already tell it is helping. The girl that leads the class is a beast - 50 minutes of hammering and trying to keep up with her is a great workout. Hopefully when the days start getting longer and it warms up I will be in much better shape to hit the road.
    Last edited by jerp; 01-19-2015, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Running, swimming indoors and ultimate frisbee.

Comment

In....I rode 10 yesterday and will again today. So looking forward to the time change so I can ride more often and get some better mileage in.

Strava...I accidentally started a couple rides that are on my profile. I haven't been able to delete them...frustrating.

Comment

In... for whenever the days finally get long enough that I am actually home before dark...

Comment

I need to download the app and join the club. I started riding last year while training for a triathlon and really enjoy it. I've been riding on my trainer some but its not like being out on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
              In... for whenever the days finally get long enough that I am actually home before dark...

had visions of doing a bunch of work on the mountain bike before it gets warm enough for the road bike, but have yet to get it off the hook.

Comment

Can't do much with a separated shoulder but I need to stay in shape. Going to start riding this week. Not app savvy so how do join the "club"?

Comment

I will be racing the Texas spring series. Love mountain biking.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                    I will be racing the Texas spring series. Love mountain biking.
                    ahhh...TMBRA in the spring. so glad I live in MT and don't feel the urge to go to the sufferfests each weekend. You are a beast in my books for doing the spring series. Always cold, wet, and muddy. Warda is a blast I must say, spring or fall....or 12 hour.

Best of luck to you and hammer the **** out of them!

Comment

Originally posted by raiderelkhunter View Post
                      ahhh...TMBRA in the spring. so glad I live in MT and don't feel the urge to go to the sufferfests each weekend. You are a beast in my books for doing the spring series. Always cold, wet, and muddy. Warda is a blast I must say, spring or fall....or 12 hour.

Best of luck to you and hammer the **** out of them!
                      Hell yeah!!! I can't find the group on strava

Comment

Havent been on my bike since dove season started and definitely put on the lbs. over hunting season. To top it off i am hooked on sporting clays now so I have 2 expensive hobbies. Come on Lotto!

Comment

Originally posted by Toddcaster View Post
                          Havent been on my bike since dove season started and definitely put on the lbs. over hunting season. To top it off i am hooked on sporting clays now so I have 2 expensive hobbies. Come on Lotto!

Darn sporting clays! Gets in the way of my mountain biking too. Shot in a tournament in Glen Rose Saturday. Wanted to take the bike to ride at dinosaur valley but didn't have time to do both. You shoot at SACA?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                            Hell yeah!!! I can't find the group on strava
                            I was having trouble until I logged on to the web, apparently you can't join the club from the app. You have to log on to the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              I was having trouble until I logged on to the web, apparently you can't join the club from the app. You have to log on to the website.
                              Gotcha.

Comment

Working...
                              X