Kolaches, PLEASE READ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    No they bought the property across the street from the broken Star Ranch which is adjacent to my property. 10 miles east of Centerville

Chew is that Misty and her husband who own the property next to you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing has changed. Hot chubbies with cheese, heated from Czech Stop reign supreme.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
        Chew is that Misty and her husband who own the property next to you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Yes. I don't really know them. Just talked to Misty at the cafe and then recently found out they bought the land next to me. Seem like good folks

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          Yes. I don't really know them. Just talked to Misty at the cafe and then recently found out they bought the land next to me. Seem like good folks

Small world! I think they are really good, hard working people. Glad you got a good neighbor!

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
            reminds me of my ex girlfriend
            I almost choked on a pork rind reading this! Thanks! Funny stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Nothing has changed. Hot chubbies with cheese, heated from Czech Stop reign supreme.

I agree with a lot of your stuff but Czech Stop doesn't even offer the best option in town. It's convenient and edible but must go downtown for the best cuisine

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                I almost choked on a pork rind reading this! Thanks! Funny stuff!
                Oh dear goodness gracious...depending on your location in Texas, IT'S CALLED A CRACKLIN/CHICHARRON!! How DARE you come on a thread about calling delicious edibles by the wrong name and use the definition of what you almost chocked on versus the name of it?!? HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Two of my daughters work at the Kountry Bakery here in Hallettsville. We were quickly educated when we moved here on the difference between kolaches and "pigs." It took some time for me to get used to ordering a "cheesy pig". I wasn't convinced somebody wasn't playing a trick on me.

We finally had to forbid the girls from bringing home beg boxes of leftover pigs, kolaches, donuts and even an occasional pie EVERY NIGHT!
                  I need to send you some directions Michael!

Comment

Studene' Pivo

Comment

Greens...dang good. I make it a point, when going to Temple, to take the back roads. So I can go by Greens. The sausage is great and the bread is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        I agree with a lot of your stuff but Czech Stop doesn't even offer the best option in town. It's convenient and edible but must go downtown for the best cuisine
                        I don't know about all the kolaches and other klobasneks but hot chubbies are ******. The one at CS with cheese is food of the gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Two of my daughters work at the Kountry Bakery here in Hallettsville. We were quickly educated when we moved here on the difference between kolaches and "pigs." It took some time for me to get used to ordering a "cheesy pig". I wasn't convinced somebody wasn't playing a trick on me.

We finally had to forbid the girls from bringing home beg boxes of leftover pigs, kolaches, donuts and even an occasional pie EVERY NIGHT!
                          Michael,
                          Does the Kountry Bakery do mail order???

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            I don't know about all the kolaches and other klobasneks but hot chubbies are ******. The one at CS with cheese is food of the gods.

I'm with you.....when I tell the lady what I want and and she gets me the right thing, that's all that matters. I don't care what my BoHunk buddies think of me when I order. Jaksemas...gimme a raspberry kolache and a jalapeno cheese chubby/PIB and make it snappy!.... And make sure it is here before Sektember!

I also like Czechstop, the place behind it and a few of the places downtown. It always cool to hate on the busy popular places by some...like a badge of honor.. They're all good to me.
                            Last edited by Smart; 08-09-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Slovacek’s in West have by far the worst attempt at “kolaches”

Comment

Originally posted by Czechfish View Post
                                Slovacek’s in West have by far the worst attempt at “kolaches”

That's across the highway from Czechstop right?

Comment

Working...
                                X