peacock bass near orlando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peacock bass near orlando

any peacock bass fishing close to Orlando?

no. i dont think so. gotta go a few hours south.

Comment

South Florida for peacock. Everything else is in Sebastian Inlet/Melbourne area which is close to Orlando

Comment

Heck Dan, You can run out to Columbus and fish for 'em in the Colorado River!! Ain't likely to catch any, but your can for sure fish for 'em there!!

Comment

Y’all think they’ll let me go manatee fishin in Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
            Y’all think they’ll let me go manatee fishin in Florida?
            manatee is year round but shotgun only. 1 per day limit.

Comment

Too far north, Dade County is where the action is. Go to lake Okeechobee and catch a big lunker large mouth bass.

Comment

Need to go South about 2-3 hours. We went to Delray Beach area and fished with South Florida Bass Charters and the kids whooped up on Peacocks and Clownknife fish. We then headed back north and did the Rat thing at Disney for a few days.

Comment

Should have some big largemouth though...

Comment

I’m sure you are likely to find all sorts of manatees if you run north a bit to Daytona Beach. Not sure what the legal means of harvest are but I would bet the area has lots hanging around.

Im no help on the Peacock bass...

Comment

Will be going to Marco Beach in March. What should I fish for and who should I book?

Comment

Maybe I'll just stay around orlando and fish for largemouth. Ain't lookin to drive 6 hrs round trip. Thanks for the info!

Comment

I asked the same thing last year.. haha.. Actually looked more efficient to hop a plane from orlando to mia (like $75 bucks round trip at the time).. and just pack a pole, fish all day, then fly back. I ended up not doing it either.

There are a TON of ponds to fish in Orlando, they are everywhere... next to shopping outlets, near hotels etc!

Comment

I just looked up flight prices, you could leave orlando at 6:30 am, get to miami at 7:30am.. the last flight back is 9:30pm... $119 round trip.. add some uber rides to some canals. I bet you could do it for $200, which is cheaper than a guided trip!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              Will be going to Marco Beach in March. What should I fish for and who should I book?
                              do you mean marco island? bubby hale is the best i ever used, havent been in several years tho. a ton of know it all, yankee transplants guiding down there so choose wisely. you want a native floridian.

Comment

Working...
                              X