No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it in this morning. Energy level is a little better and my hip felt much better yesterday. So good in fact that I didn't use my cane all day. I'm not using it today and I'll see what the ortho thinks about it this afternoon.

Chest and back today. Supersets 3x12-15

Seated wide grip press/body weight ring pullups
    Incline smith machine press/Low row
    Push ups/bodyweight v-bar pullups
    Ab crunch/Incline dumbbell fly

Comment

Legs this morning.

Air squats
      Front squats
      Leg Press
      Leg extensions
      Leg curls
      20 minutes on stair stepper

Comment

Rounding into form. Got a very solid 1+hr lifting session in today. Chest, shoulders, upper back and abs.

Comment

Incline DB fly pyramid SS incline DB press pyramid with DS.
          Flat DB press with rotation 5 sets of 5 holding 10 seconds between sets.
          PS DB incline press.
          Close grip DB press to fly pyramid.
          Incline push-up pyramid multi set with airplane cobra and Russian twist.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad I post often because I forgot what I am suppose to do tomorrow lol

Back today. Really focused on Deadlift form and have to say my back finally feels the correct type of sore it’s suppose to. 185x10 to 335x5 and back down in a pyramid style. Wish the gym had or allowed chalk because today I was loosing my grip much quicker than my back getting week. Rows, lat pull downs and yada yada yada mixed in also.

Chest and abs in the am

Comment

How's the hip flexor? Mine was upper- inner thigh (groan area), and I was about ready to go to the Dr to find out if it was a hernia. Still stretching it out, but not pushing anything, mine seems to be getting much better.
              Originally posted by 150class View Post
              Glad I post often because I forgot what I am suppose to do tomorrow lol

Back today. Really focused on Deadlift form and have to say my back finally feels the correct type of sore it’s suppose to. 185x10 to 335x5 and back down in a pyramid style. Wish the gym had or allowed chalk because today I was loosing my grip much quicker than my back getting week. Rows, lat pull downs and yada yada yada mixed in also.

Chest and abs in the am

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                How's the hip flexor? Mine was upper- inner thigh (groan area), and I was about ready to go to the Dr to find out if it was a hernia. Still stretching it out, but not pushing anything, mine seems to be getting much better.

Way better today. Just a stinging pain when I walk now.

Been stretching it every chance I get so I’m sure that’s doing the trick.

Comment

That's good news for sure. Keep on going!

Comment

Make sure you're not stretching cold stiff muscles, it could cause more damage. I'm sure you know this though![emoji106] I at least do a little run in place and jumping jacks before stretching.

Comment

Just something for you to consider. For several years I had experienced pain and stiffness in my left hip. I could move my leg forward and backwards, but no abduction, or very little. Tried PT and they couldn't budge me. They kept saying how tight my hip flexors were. I actually thought they were gonna break me one day.

Finally, one day back in May I was doing deadlifts and I thought I was gonna cry. I went to see the ortho, got the xray and it showed those bone spurs around the head of my femur.

So, the ortho explained that the pain I had in my groin was a classic sign of a needed hip replacement.

If the pain continues and RICE isn't working I'd go see an ortho and at least xray it.

Comment

Appreciate all this help and info guys!
                        Everything is feeling even better today so looking solid.

Woke up late so had to rush through chest but still a good workout.
                        BB bench
                        BB incline
                        DB Chestflys
                        DB narrow grip incline
                        Cable flys SS with pushups

Comment

Started a new program today. Increased volume of Oly lifting.

Clean and jerk
                          Clean pull
                          Squats
                          DB incline press
                          Decline press
                          Cable flyes/DB curls
                          Hammer curls

Comment

Chest and cardio this morning.

Bench
                            iso-lateral bench machine
                            pec flyes machine
                            cable flyes
                            Pushups
                            20 minutes stair stepper

Comment

Sumo squat pyramid with DS.
                              Alternating DB lunges pyramid SS DB step-up to reverse lunge pyramid.
                              DB squats pyramid GS DB Bulgarian split squat pyramid and DB RDL.
                              DB single leg calf raises GS DB seated calf raises and in and outs. 2 sets of 30 each.
                              Just realized I misspelled groin last night. Although pain in that area does make you groan!

Comment

Nothing but arms today. Two warmup sets the 5 sets of 8-1 reps, supersets

Barbell curls/bodyweight dips
                                Hammer curl bar/pushdowns both pronated and supinated
                                Incline dumbbell curls/overhead rope extensions
                                Overhead rope extensions

My arms are quivering. I like it.

Tomorrow is shoulder day.

Comment

Working...
                                X