No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't make it this morning. Dang smoke alarm went off at 0227 this morning! Drug myself outta bed, new hip and all and finally got the darn thing turned off. Guess it's time to change the batteries in all of them.

Got back up at 0445 and had every intention of going, but the bed called too loudly.

Maybe Saturday morning!

Comment

Cleans
      Front squats
      BB rows
      Lat pull downs
      Close grip cable rows
      DB pull overs

Comment

Shoulders right meow

Comment

Thursday was supposed to be cardio, but I only got maybe 2.5 hours sleep Wednesday night. After 11 hours at work Thursday, I came home and crashed. Yesterday was a scheduled off day, but I was planning on making up cardio. Helped my step dad with some electrical issues in his shop, so no cardio.
          Got back on schedule today.
          PS standing DB curl.
          Seated tricep extension pyramid with DS.
          Standing wide grip DB curl. 5 sets of 5 holding 10 seconds between sets.
          Skull crusher pyramid with DS.
          DB hammer curl PS.
          Tricep kick backs PS.
          Weighted crunches.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
            You don't need your legs for some light machine work.

Tomorrow is an off day for me. I have routine blood work Thursday and don't want to screw any of it up.
            Ok yesterday my PT gave the go ahead for getting back in the gym. Hand bike to warm up, chest, upper back and abs. All machine work. This is going to be a boring 2-4 weeks but it is less boring than the couch. Ive been working on one legged balance stuff and Im already a million times better than before the surgery. Amazing what having an acl in your knee will do for stability, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Ok yesterday my PT gave the go ahead for getting back in the gym. Hand bike to warm up, chest, upper back and abs. All machine work. This is going to be a boring 2-4 weeks but it is less boring than the couch. Ive been working on one legged balance stuff and Im already a million times better than before the surgery. Amazing what having an acl in your knee will do for stability, lol.
              Stronger and more agile than before.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                Stronger and more agile than before.
                That is the plan and why I went ahead with it. It was frustrating to be limited on the things I wanted to do in the gym. Example, doing squats properly was pretty much impossible. Running with any regularity was a problem. Anything weight wise that engaged my lower half was an issue because my right side was always compensating for my left. That would lead to a host of other problems. Sorry for the ramble just ready to get on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  That is the plan and why I went ahead with it. It was frustrating to be limited on the things I wanted to do in the gym. Example, doing squats properly was pretty much impossible. Running with any regularity was a problem. Anything weight wise that engaged my lower half was an issue because my right side was always compensating for my left. That would lead to a host of other problems. Sorry for the ramble just ready to get on with it.
                  You made the right decision and should be close enough to 100% by the start of season. And, if you let an imbalance go long enough, it'll cause a lot more trouble in the long run.

Comment

Holy crap I strained my hip flex (at least I think thats what it is) somehow at the gym today.. Its getting to the point it sucks to walk

Comment

I'm pretty sure I did the same thing a couple months ago. Stretching finally seems to be the best thing for it, for me. I've been stretching hamstrings and hip flexors after every workout.
                      Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Holy crap I strained my hip flex (at least I think thats what it is) somehow at the gym today.. Its getting to the point it sucks to walk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                        I'm pretty sure I did the same thing a couple months ago. Stretching finally seems to be the best thing for it, for me. I've been stretching hamstrings and hip flexors after every workout.

I’ll start doing this then.

Stretched them first thing at the gym today but holy crap my left hip feels like someone stabbed me or something.

Arms today with nothing else since it’s iffy to walk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          I’ll start doing this then.

Stretched them first thing at the gym today but holy crap my left hip feels like someone stabbed me or something.

Arms today with nothing else since it’s iffy to walk
                          If you have access to bands, look up Smashwerx on Youtube. He has a lot of great stretches and therapeutic techniques for all kinds of injury's.

Comment

Yall are making me feel better about my tennis elbow, golf s elbow, and plantar fasciitis. Hope everyone heals up well.

Fridays arms workout.

Didn't do the overhead extensions or TM walk. Last one says Dips 3x10

Comment

Light workout today as my time was limited. Apparantly having a wrapped knee with a brace and a crutch makes you become the most interesting man, lol. It's all good but I didnt get as much work in as I wanted. Hand Bike, biceps and triceps. I'll get a better workout in tomorrow.

Comment

DB shoulder press pyramid.
                                Lateral raise pyramid SS DB upright rows pyramid with DS.
                                Seated DB underhanded shoulder press GS single, single, double DB front raise pyramid and rear delt raise pyramid.
                                Standing DB shoulder shrug with DS SS DB scap trap.
                                Sagi 6 way SS tuck and rolls. 2 sets.

Comment

Working...
                                X