Target releases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target releases?

Son is into archery through 4H. Shooting four or five days a week wore out his cheap wrist release. Any recommendations on a thumb release that won’t break the bank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he plans to really get into I’d just buy once cry once, otherwise you’ll buy a mid range release.. few months later wonder how much better the high end ones are and the temptation will get the best of your wallet.

Are you wanting a thumb button or hinge for him?

Comment

I like the Tru Ball Chappy Boss.

Comment

Carter just b cuz

Comment

Carter Target 3 or an Attraction.

Comment

If he plans to stick with it a resistance style(Carter evolution or Stan element) or a back tension(scott, stan or truball)

Thumb button.. I like my stan shootoff. But Stan makes other great releases... or Carter.

Benefit of the resistance or back tension is you focus on aiming and not when to press th button.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for Stan Shootoff or SX3

Comment

Camofire just had a blowout on releases and other archery gear, bet the run it again this week or next

Comment

Tru fire sear is tough to beat for the price if he is looking for a hinge

Comment

Please don’t blow your money by just buying one. Go try a couple out. It will become evident which one he likes best

Comment

My son shoots 4H archery also and he likes the truball

Comment

Put your son on a hinge release or Carter Evolution. Teach him (or have someone teach him) proper shooting fundamentals with it and he will thank you for life for teaching him how to properly execute a shot.

Comment

Working...
                        X