No announcement yet.

POACHER problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been years ago, but a buddy of mine had a friend of his shoot a buck and not tag it. He called and turned him in. It was about 6 months later a GW showed up at the guy's house.

Comment

Originally posted by CSATEXAS View Post
      North of Houston. Since it's an open case, I won't provide photos, although I have a bunch. He was carrying the small bucks head. Timestamp was the day after deer season.
      East Texas? They don't poach in East Texas.

Comment

The GW probably handed it up to the investigator who will build the case. If the GW caught him in the act himself he would likely handle it then and there like they did with my nephew that shot a deer on his family ranch but had no license. A pain in the arse neighbor called because of the gun shot which is legal here and it was found he had no license. He got ticketed and had to go to court and cost him $250.

They will get him again for fishing without one at the dam because this kid isn't to bright and the local GW is always checking there.

In your case they have to take all the provided evidence and make the case first then proceed because they weren't there and did not personally see him. Just have a bit of patience they will eventually get to him.

Comment

Got back with me and said still working on it. Justice is slow. All of my neighbors hunt around me. I don't give them any flack unless they come across the fence. One of my neighbors shot a big pet 7 point that ate everyday behind my house, I could get about 20 yards from him. He killed him in the rut and called to tell me about shooting him on the fenceline. I was OK with it. They are the State of Texas deer not mine.

Comment

Lets see some of these pics so we can get an idea, always a good time getting pics of unknowing criminals.

Comment

Take matters into your own hands.

Comment

poachers

reminds me. heard a shot on my property last year, caught a guy dragging a deer towards the fence. I think i'll call the warder and follow up today..

Comment

Good luck with it.

Comment

I hear some shots and was driving the ranch with my BIL. We come up a road on the side we don't usually travel and he says who is that in the road? Guy crawls back thru the fence and I pulled up. He was carrying a revolver. Asked him what he was doing on our side of the fence and he said "No hobla Ingles". I told him BS what are you doing on our side of the fence. His response was "oh, I shot a turkey". I asked what he shot it with and he said a shotgun. I told him he could come across that afternoon to look for it but if I caught him over the fence again I was calling the GW. Crossing the fence is trespassing, with a firearm is a felony.

Comment

Comment

Poacher problem update

TP&W did arrest my poacher from a couple of years ago. They, along with my game camera photos, built a solid case against the poacher. He was charged with killing a illegal buck out of season, criminal trespass, hunting with an illegal weapon (.22), and harvesting a deer out of season. The assistant DA in Angelina County took the case. Great job TP&W!

Comment

Thanks for the update

Comment

Originally posted by CSATEXAS View Post
                            TP&W did arrest my poacher from a couple of years ago. They, along with my game camera photos, built a solid case against the poacher. He was charged with killing a illegal buck out of season, criminal trespass, hunting with an illegal weapon (.22), and harvesting a deer out of season. The assistant DA in Angelina County took the case. Great job TP&W!
                            Great news and thx for the follow-up. Sadly fines, restitution, loss of hunting rights, and jail time won't stop that dude. Poachers DGAF about laws and will continue doing illegal activity.

Comment

Glad to hear they finally chose to prosecute!

Comment

Glad to hear that! I Hate poachers.

Comment

Working...
                                X