No announcement yet.

CMMG MK47 Mutant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought an Mk47 about one year ago and it shoots even the steel fmj into about 1 1/2" to 2". The best ammo for it that I have found is the Prvi Partizan 123 gr pointed soft point which shoots into 1" when I do my part. Use it for hogs and have not had any problems on 500 to 600 rounds.

Comment

Y’all kinda making me wish I’d looked harder at it then getting a AR10 but I like having a bolt catch the true AR’s have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by snipermedic View Post
        You are the first I have known to run it as a duty rifle. I think that is awesome.

Only draw backs are no bolt hold open and no forward assist.
        Yes, no bolt hold open is a real bummer. The lack of a forward assist hasnt been an issue so far even in the nm dust.

I went around and around trying to decide if I wanted to go ar10 or mk47. In the end I found a couple ar10 platform rifles to shoot and they were just a little more gun than I wanted for my uses. The 5.56 leaves a lot of performance to be desired and 6.8 ammo is too expensive (I have to buy my own since I dont conform to 5.56 standards). So that leaves the 7.62x39. I hunted with one quite a bit when I was in college and was always happy with terminal performance.

Comment

Then go for it.

Comment

Working...
          X