No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone is coming to unit 55 I am in search of a partner. I'm muzzleloader hunting but all my buddies have cancelled on me.

Comment

I just posted a unit-wide archery tag for NM Unit 36 in the classifieds if anyone is interested... priced at less than I paid for it, $6400.

PM if you'd like more details

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
        I just posted a unit-wide archery tag for NM Unit 36 in the classifieds if anyone is interested... priced at less than I paid for it, $6400.

PM if you'd like more details

I posted on that ad. This is a great price. I'd be talking to you about it if I didn't already have my Valle Vidal tag in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
          I posted on that ad. This is a great price. I'd be talking to you about it if I didn't already have my Valle Vidal tag in hand.
          Valle Vidal tag- wow! When are you going? (sorry if it's posted in this thread, I haven't been on TBH at all over last year )

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
            Valle Vidal tag- wow! When are you going? (sorry if it's posted in this thread, I haven't been on TBH at all over last year )

Second archery. I'm freaking pumped. The Mecca for elk hunters and I drew one of the once in a lifetime tags this year. Should be a blast.

Without fail, every single person I speak with that has had this tag says that if they could pick one elk tag to have again it would be the Valle Vidal. Not due to size but due to the overall experience. Some of these guys have held 30+ different elk tags. It is that special according to everyone that I've spoken to who has had the tag.

Comment

Anyone hunting yet???

Comment

I'm headed out next Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed out the 13th

Comment

I head out the 8th. I can't wait. It is my first ever elk hunt and it is OTC, public, and in a heavily hit unit. I figure at least it is a week of hiking/camping in the mountains with a small chance of getting to see elk. :-)

Comment

I'm in Colorado. Been hunting since Saturday. Last couple mornings been great! Lots more bugling & bulls sparing. Bulls answering calls & bugles now. Came close a few times but it's early & im holding out for a big mature bull. I had a big spike at 25 yards this morning. The rest of a group of 10 cows/calves & a nice wide 6x6 was coming to the same spot when the wind swirled. Lead cow started barking, game over. I'll try to report after I hunt this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                        I'm in Colorado. Been hunting since Saturday. Last couple mornings been great! Lots more bugling & bulls sparing. Bulls answering calls & bugles now. Came close a few times but it's early & im holding out for a big mature bull. I had a big spike at 25 yards this morning. The rest of a group of 10 cows/calves & a nice wide 6x6 was coming to the same spot when the wind swirled. Lead cow started barking, game over. I'll try to report after I hunt this evening.

What unit? I like that they may be rutting a bit early this year :-)

Comment

Curious as to how often theives are encountered at trailhead? Trying to decide how much to stuff in the backseat of my truck next week. First elk hunt. Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                            Curious as to how often theives are encountered at trailhead? Trying to decide how much to stuff in the backseat of my truck next week. First elk hunt. Colorado.
                            There are thieves everywhere there's opportunity. Be smart and don't leave stuff laying around your vehicle.

Comment

Headed out Sept 15th.
                              Wishing everyone the very best of luck! Just everyone come back home safely.
                              Soak up that Mountain Air!

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                                There are thieves everywhere there's opportunity. Be smart and don't leave stuff laying around your vehicle.
                                I plan on leaving my ice chest chained up to the bed of my truck under a camper shell. Do you think they will be there when I get back to my truck after 8 days?

Comment

Working...
                                X