Clear All

Jessie James $85k Colt 1911 and Awesome

someone else must have posted this it's pretty awesome

you can see all of this guns at http://www.jjfu.com/

I like

Comment

The man has talent...

Comment

So.. Jesse claims to have obtained materials taken from the Statue of Liberty - presumably without consent due to the anonymity of the actual person who took them - blended "small amounts' of the material into the metal of his gun (which parts you dont know), and is selling the gun with the description that its made with material from the Statue of Liberty.. and charging a ridiculous amount of money for something he cant certify, authenticate, or prove without incriminating some schmuck he chooses not to name.
        that about right?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          So.. Jesse claims to have obtained materials taken from the Statue of Liberty - presumably without consent due to the anonymity of the actual person who took them - blended "small amounts' of the material into the metal of his gun (which parts you dont know), and is selling the gun with the description that its made with material from the Statue of Liberty.. and charging a ridiculous amount of money for something he cant certify, authenticate, or prove without incriminating some schmuck he chooses not to name.
          that about right?
          Sorta what I was thinking

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            that about right?
            Agreed. Unless he has detailed [visual] documentation of the process and a sample of the original raw material for future comparison it's purely speculation on authenticity.

But *drool* regardless

Comment

The Damascus looks great, I think I'll order mine without the red dot.

Comment

Merica!

Comment

Well he is Jessie James and he already cheated on Sandra Bullock so you know he is crazy

Comment

Regardless, it's a beautiful piece

Comment

Yeah it's an awesome looking pistol for sure! I dont like the exploit of the probably small amount of material used included in the Damascus but none the less, it's pretty awesome! Not near the work that went into the Cabot guns made from the astroid.. they made each part from the flying rock, frame, grips, slide, trigger! That was impressive!

Comment

That is a sweet looking pistol.
                        The renovation of the Statue of Liberty took place in the mid 70's in time for the 1976 Bi centennial. Lee Iaococca was in charge. It would have been very possible to acquire some steel from the project then.
                        I have original World Trade Center Steel. I have no provenance, but I worked there for 4.5 years rebuilding the WTC and constructing the 9/11 Museum and Memorial.
                        So it is possible to get things like Lady Liberty steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                          That is a sweet looking pistol.
                          The renovation of the Statue of Liberty took place in the mid 70's in time for the 1976 Bi centennial. Lee Iaococca was in charge. It would have been very possible to acquire some steel from the project then.
                          I have original World Trade Center Steel. I have no provenance, but I worked there for 4.5 years rebuilding the WTC and constructing the 9/11 Museum and Memorial.
                          So it is possible to get things like Lady Liberty steel.
                          "There it IS" ^^

Comment

Surely no one would give that ****** bag 85k for a pistol without authentication.

Comment

That's sharp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X