Loose lips, sink ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yep, just go get your deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
        She is a biker babe

[ATTACH]920012[/ATTACH]
        gotta love it!!

BTW, love that new avatar pic! That had to have been fun and exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
          Not gonna happen. I was once on board with it, but no longer.

I could see it being done in the confines of a lease, but, stopping at the boundaries. SETx property owners are pretty touchy when it comes to their land. Lot of them hunt their own property and will be very upset if a tracker and his dog trespasses on their property. Can you spell fiasco?

My place is a 4,000 acre high fenced farm but I can't even use my dog on a leash.

I have lost count of how many deer Bagley has recover over the last 7 seasons.

Usually goes like this.....

I get a call from some dad or grandpa, Little Billy shot a doe with his 30/30.
          They feel like it was a good hit but the deer ran into a pine thicket and they can't find any blood.

I drive up, turn her loose and we find the deer a 100 yards away piled up in the brush. I leave a happy, happy little kid that went from being afraid they had made a bad shot to being a happy kid learning a deer can go 100 yards even shot right in the lungs.

As far as keeping outlaws from running dogs, it does nothing to stop them.
          They just claim they are running Hogs.

Using that train of thought, they should outlaw the use of Thermal scopes. I could shoot a deer at night. I haven't but I could .
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Buff; 08-14-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
            Yep, just go get your deer.
            Pretty much....but?

Comment

My place is a 4,000 acre high fenced farm but I can't even use my dog on a leash.

They feel like it was a good hit but the deer ran into a pine thicket and they can't find any blood.

I drive up, turn her loose and we find the deer a 100 yards away piled up in the brush. I leave a happy, happy little kid that went from being afraid they had made a bad shot to being a happy kid learning a deer can go 100 yards even shot right in the lungs.

Using that train of thought, they should outlaw the use of Thermal scopes. I could shoot a deer at night. I haven't but I could .
              Yessir, I hear you. In the confines of the lease, probably no issue if you contact the warden. Cross a property line, whole nuther story.

Comment

Pretty much....but?

$5,000.00 fine plus most likely kicked off the lease.

I'm not even sure how the law works.
                Can they fine me for having a dog in my camp? Truck ? Ranger with a dead deer in the back ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  Won’t happen until you get the landowners in those counties on board but here are the guys at TPWD to contact:

Mitch.Lockwood@tpwd.texas.gov
                  Clayton.Wolf@tpwd.texas.gov

Send them an email and let them know it’s important to you.
                  Clayton is still there? How long has he been there? 100 years? Geez!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
                    The problem in those counties especially Newton County is some folks think it is their God given right to run deer with dogs anywhere they want to and they ruin it for those who own tracking dogs.
                    This. All of my family still lives in the Orange area and it seems percentage wise you have a greater group of people that have that "outlaw" mentality in that area. Having this law or getting rid of this law IMO is not going to help or change this issue. As mentioned before the land owners are not going to be for changing any law if there is even a TINY chance that it is going to make outlawing easier.

Comment

We shouldn't have to pretend we are walking our dog or sneak the dog out there to recover a dead or dying deer. It's BS! The law needs to change

Comment

What lease did you get on? 4000 acres sounds like Hayter

Comment

She is a biker babe

[ATTACH]920012[/ATTACH]
                          Awesome pic Buff!!
                          Track deer ride a motorcycle...is there anything the can't do?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            We shouldn't have to pretend we are walking our dog or sneak the dog out there to recover a dead or dying deer. It's BS! The law needs to change
                            X2

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                              What lease did you get on? 4000 acres sounds like Hayter
                              Good guess

Comment

Yessir, I hear you. In the confines of the lease, probably no issue if you contact the warden. Cross a property line, whole nuther story.

The game warden can not give you permission to break the law, even if it is a silly law

Comment

Working...
                                X