Any Champion bass boat owners??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Champion bass boat owners??

Question about leaking live well lines (intake/outtake). I have a leak somewhere near the transom, that I have narrowed down to that. Any history of doing this yourself as I see the gas tank has to come out, etc. Or how much (estimate) in boat shop replacing the system. Thanks

It may be the o-ring seals on your pumps. The pump head twists into the pump base socket and sometimes when they get old the o-rings go bad. Lots of times when you put the motor in reverse it will force water backwards thru the inlet holes and out thru the pump base seal into the bilge area. this happens pretty easily when your drain valve is in closed position. You might give this a look see

Comment

This happens to my boat sometimes when I power back the boat off the trailer.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Comment

No but I have come in second a couple of times. Sorry I couldn't resist. Bump for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBon View Post
            No but I have come in second a couple of times. Sorry I couldn't resist. Bump for you.
            Yeah, no prob, makes sense. Still looking for help if anyone knows how to trouble shoot the issue.

Comment

Probably froze and cracked where coming thru the hu

Comment

What a timely thread. I'm having the same issue with my 2000 model 187. I haven't had time to isolate the issue. I plugged the livewell intake and drain line at the transom- which stopped the leak. I'm hoping not to have to pull the gas tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM Carlock, I think he's a Champion guy.

Comment

If it's coming in the hull your pump housing is probably cracked. The older rule pumps were notorious for that (and the new ones aren't much better)

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                      If it's coming in the hull your pump housing is probably cracked. The older rule pumps were notorious for that (and the new ones aren't much better)
                      X10
                      Forgot about that cheap plastic housing. I replaced one in my old Bass Tracker 175. PITA getting the hoses off.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                        X100 I never owned a champion but have a buddy that had this issue. It most definitely is the pump housing. We were fishing in his his boat and next thing you know we were standing in 1" of water. Opened the lid and seen the water coming in from pump. Took it off and stuffed rag in hole and pumped it out and kept on fishing!

Comment

Working...
                        X