Youth archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth archery

Just got my son into a diamond infinite edge bow. I there certain arrows for youth archery? Should he be shooting 100grain field points or lighter? How big of a stabilizer if one at all??? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Get him the 3555 GT arrows and 85 grain tips. Stabilizer just adds weight if hes real young. Good luck.

Comment

Just got my son the same bow. He's shooting 700 spine youth arrows with 75 grain tips. No stabilizer needed

Comment

He's about to turn 9. I've just got him shootin some of my old GT 5575 right now with 100gr tips till I can get him some new arrows

Comment

If he's just starting out, don't worry too much about having everything perfect. I would say no to the stabilizer, but that's just me. He's also growing, so spending a lot on arrows that will be too short for him a year from now might not be a good idea. My son started when he was 8, and he's 10 now. He started with Beman Hunter Jrs, which are good up to a 40lb draw, and then used my 3555 Gold Tips when his draw increased. They were just fine for him. The key is to keep him comfortable, and keep it fun. Don't make it complicated.

Comment

CamoQuest is right, if he's just starting out there is no need to over think it. I've done this way to much and am learning from my own mistakes! For what ever reason I want to rush them through so we can go out and enjoy each other with something we both love.

My son has been shooting a Mini Genesis for the last two years; he started when he was 5-Years old. He's not just tuned 7 and has graduated up to a Mission Menace. Originally I wanted him to get into a Mission Craze, but it was a little to heavy for him to start off with. While shooting the fiberglass arrows that really are just for hitting a target. But we just purchased some Gold Tip Lightning arrows until he can draw back 30 lbs. My daughter is now shooting the Mini Genesis and having a blast!

The only main focus I have for my kids at this time to learn is technique. Make sure that even though they can't hunt for a few years that you make it fun for them and that will keep them asking you to go out and shoot their bows. This past weekend I took my kids to the outdoor range at Eielson AFB, Alaska and setup a few animal targets in the woods. After we practiced for a while we went on a practice walk/stalk and they got to shoot at the targets. They keep jawing my ear off and we'll go out again this next weekend too!

By the way, the Diamond Infinity is a great bow, my so originally wanted that but the hand grip was not a good fit for him. Enjoy and have a great time with your children!

Comment

Working...
            X