need advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need advice please

ive been shooting traditionally around 6 years or so, problem is i am not getting any better ive tried every trick of the trade tried different arrows everything but for the life of me i cannot shoot past 15 yards that is my absolute max i just cannot seem to get the grasp of it, ive killed some animals but it is getting to be more work then fun, im considering selling my 2 Kodiak mags both left handed one is 45@ 28 the other is 55@ 28 both in good condition no splits no cracks no twisted limbs on the 55 the little medallion is missing other then that both are in great shape
    what would be a good asking price of these? it seems the value keeps going up on these thanks in advance

I don't know the value of the bows, but I would suggest that bows that short are much harder to handle than longer ones, especially in the early going. A 62" long or more bow is much more forgiving, and I woulod also suggest that 55# is a LOT of draw weight when you are trying to learn to shoot.
    If yu ahve any interst in Trad archery, you might try a 62-64" bow in the 40-45# range at your draw length. It's all about form, and you can't learn the correct form if you can't hold the bow back at full draw.

Wayne

Comment

The value on the Bears and all the other old bows is still going down ,I buy lots of old bears and am paying half of what they were going for 3 years ago, good if you are looking bad if you are selling.Look on ebay search the bows you have and it will give you the curent going price of em. Nice old bears but as said above get you a longer 60-66in bow and your shooting will improve very much......
      ,,,Sam,,,

Comment

I would also suggest that after 6 years you may have established some habits that are very hard to change. If you're still willing to stick it out try to get some serious professional instruction. It will no doubt be hard to adjust but could pay off in the long run. I attended a Rod Jenkins seminar a few years ago and it helped me tons. I've also never heard bad things about Rick Welch and his teachings.

Just my $.02

Comment

you are right im sure i have developed some very bad habits, i know of many it takes alot of time and practice and patience whichis something ive lost

Comment

We have shot together Howie and you snap shoot something bad. My shooting suffers if I snap shoot. As I told you, if I can hold my anchor for 2 seconds my shooting is much better. Don't give up. Get a longer bow as said, it will be more forgiving.

Comment

thanks Corey, im going to sell these and look for a bow in the 58-60 injch range

Comment

All earlier suggestions are great! If your not completely done, get a longer lighter draw bow. Try and get with an experienced shooter to help work the flaws out of your form. Then QUALITY practice! Having a bow light enough in poundage that you can easily walk your self through the shot process with out having to rush the shot is what to strive for. Once everything in your shot process has become seond nature, then go to a heavier bow. QUALITY practise is making every arrow count, 12 GOOD arrows are way better than 40 arrows slung at the target. Know in your mind that you are going to shoot good.

Comment

Yep, get a longer bow.

Comment

Working...
                  X