Clear All

Also check your rules and regs.
    Hawaii is #30 for a compound, #35 for a recurve and #45 for a longbow

Comment

45 for a longbow? wow, ignorance abounds... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Texas5o View Post
        Dang Bisch,
        How much you have to drink before you wrote that?
        I was typing that on my phone. Darn autocorrect!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by LostHawg View Post
          45 for a longbow? wow, ignorance abounds... lol
          It's Hawaii, someone said to the chairman of DNR that #40 for a longbow wasn't enough to kill a hog, so he raised it. All it took was a rider on a bill sure to pass, after all no one in the legislature is a hunter, they are all lawyers and "do gooders"

Comment

well, they didn't do too good.

They should've done some research. Perhaps test this stigma too many put on traditional equipment. Perhaps you could volunteer your services..

Comment

30# at 10 yards will send an arrow through a Hill Country deer, as proven by my 11 yr old son last season. As mentioned, shaving-sharp broadhead and tuned arrow is the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity Outfitters View Post
                30# at 10 yards will send an arrow through a Hill Country deer, as proven by my 11 yr old son last season. As mentioned, shaving-sharp broadhead and tuned arrow is the key.
                x100 theres a old article in trad bowhunter a young lady killin elk with a 40 lb bow. heavy arrow+sharp broadhead = dead criter
                in the right spot....

Comment

55 lbs, cause that's what I shoot Seriously, many deer have been killed with bows in the 30 and 40 pound range. A razor sharp arrow of sufficient weight placed in the boiler room from a well tuned 30 lb bow will kill a deer just fine. I am a firm believer in shooting the heaviest bow you can handle. And, by handle, I don't mean a bow that you have to struggle to pull back and tremble while trying to hold at anchor.

Comment

Do some research on the importance of arrow weight, broadhead design, arrow weight forward of center and you may agree that these factors are more important than bow weight and arrow speed. Attention to this and shot placement is a winning combination.

Comment

I believe most of the Native American hunting bows were in the 35 to 40 lb range and they used stone points for a few thousand years and were able to feed themselves pretty well. Of course they were also the best trackers ever.
                      Shot placement is key.

Comment

Working...
                      X