Learn from my mistakes mule deer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
    Ha no. I am carrying 3 mechanicals for deer and two fixed blades for elk. The two red are the fixed blades and the 3 white are mechanicals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang it!!

Comment

I didn't see a light or tp on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
        I didn't see a light or tp on the list.

I brought both

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
          Well today was suppose to be our last full day of hunting. We spotted 9 new bucks last night and went there early this morning to get after them and there were three trucks in the area. We had pretty much no other hunter pressure all week until today ( hunters everywhere now)
          We gave it our best and had a good time. My truck on the other hand is not looking good. I had it towed to Durango ford last night and they can't figure out what is wrong with it. They think it's the fuel pump igniter but won't know for sure until tomorrow. They are telling me it won't be ready until next week.
          I am stuck in Colorado for another 4-6 days. I'm worn out and ready to be home but I just might have to keep hunting solo. We'll see.

Good luck if you decide to continue to hunt. Been awesome to follow along so far.

Comment

JT, best of luck on your hunt, hope you stick a monster. Just crawled into a real bed and got signal to check into reality. We had an awesome hunt. Came close To sealing the deal on several 170-200" bucks, but it wasn't in the cards to fill my tag this year. Regardless, we can walk away with our heads high. James is a hoss, doesn't complain and won't quit. Happy to share a camp with him and our buddy Luke who was a trooper hunting elk. Got Cliffed out today on another good deer, they've been hanging high. I've hunted dall sheep that don't act as crazy as these bucks were. Signed the summit cans on 3 different 13'k peaks, and gave it all we had. Feel good about leaving it all on the mountain, no regrets, just another semester of lessons learned and mistakes to avoid.

Comment

Get some rest Chris. You guys sure left it all up there. Congrats on an awesome hunt.

Ray

Comment

Great following the hunt Chris. Congrats on another great one. I'm rolling through Dalhart right now on the way to my trailhead. Thank y'all for keeping my hopes high. Good luck JT, I want to see you put something on the ground.

Comment

Well guys were back to cell service now. Hunt definitely didn't go as planned. I'll do a write up of the whole thing tonight. Because of rain and sleet the first 3 days I didn't do the videos like I had planned. We left a day early because we weren't seeing anything and no one else was either.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                    Well guys were back to cell service now. Hunt definitely didn't go as planned. I'll do a write up of the whole thing tonight. Because of rain and sleet the first 3 days I didn't do the videos like I had planned. We left a day early because we weren't seeing anything and no one else was either.

That sucks. Hopefully it was a good experience none the less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah man. Hate to hear that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Been a busy couple of weeks and just now catching up on the end of the hunt. Sorry you didn't bring any meat home, but thanks for taking us along! Great thread all the way around!
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Been a busy couple of weeks and just now catching up on the end of the hunt. Sorry you didn't bring any meat home, but thanks for taking us along! Great thread all the way around!

I'm still working on a write up. We had a great hunt just couldn't find the animals. Weather didn't help things either

Comment

I agree on the weather not helping things. Never been up there when opening day looked like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Martin View Post

I agree on the weather not helping things. Never been up there when opening day looked like this.

The thing that blew my mind is I glassed 5 different mountains and I did not see one mule deer above timber. They were all down low because of the wind I am assuming. It was blowing 30-50 mph for 3 days strait.

Comment

Muley Monday take me back!

Comment

Working...
                                X