Cokin Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cokin Filters

Anyone here use the Cokin filter system? Mainly the circular polarizer filter. What I'm lookin for is something that I can use on all my lenes which range from 52mm to 82mm. I've thought about just buy a 82mm screw on then using step up rings on the smaller diameter lenses until I seen the price.

Any opinions/other options?

I have used step up rings and they do the job. I looked into the Cokin system and eventually wound up going with the Lee holder and Hi-tech filters (graduated ND). I still use a screw in circular polarizer when I need it.

I learned that Cokin sets were cheap and their filters produced a color cast. That's the reason I went with the Lee and Hi-tech.

Comment

The Cokin Z-Pro holder supports 4" x 4" filters made by Cokin, Tiffen & HiTech.

The key is 4" wide....the vertical measurement really doesn't matter.

Buy a holder that supports your widest lens first and foremost and then work back from that. If cost is an issue, Cokin filters are fine to get started in. With a Cokin Z-Pro holder, you have the option to mix max filters as mentioned above.

Cokin ND filters have been known to cast a bit of purple in some, not all shots, for some shooters. It's more of an issue during specific lighting conditions and the color cast leans toward purple and red hues. Not a bad thing in some shots, most particularly during sunset/sunrise conditions, but the beauty of most of the filter systems out there, they are very interchangeable.

Comment

Working...
      X