Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudzu in Texas

Anybody ever plan kudzu for deer in Texas

Growing up in SC, I hope no one ever plants any more kudzu, for anything, in the whole world. Completely invasive.

Comment

Yeah, that stuff gets out of hand quick. And it will choke everything around it out. I'm pretty sure it isn't a preferred browse either, so deer won't touch it unless their preferred browse is gone.

Comment

Do cows eat it

Comment

I have seen deer in it munching so that's why I was wondering

Comment

I wouldn't even think about it

Comment

Keep Texas kudzu free!

Comment

Uhhhh, let's see.......................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Don't plant it though I have seen deer eating it many times.

It can b controlled to an extent but takes lots of work. Knew one rancher in Mississippi that used it as a hay crop. but he had to stay on top of it to keep it from leaving that field. He disk around it every week during the Summer to keep it from spreading out of the field. He did et several cuttings of hay each year and said it yielded more hay per acre than anything he had ever tried.

Road crew brought it in on my place in Mississippi. Spent quite a few hours getting rid of that little spot before getting rid of it.

Too much trouble to control for the little benefit you might from it.

If wanting to plant a vine type browse deer get a lot of use from Honeysuckle works and doesn't kill trees. Had a fence covered in it and got that under control by fertilizing it and letting the deer clean it up.

Comment

Working...
                  X