No announcement yet.

Wild Texas Film Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing! Never heard of it but they are coming to my city about 3 miles down the road. Definitely going!

Comment

Looks like I messed around too long. I did not anticipate the show selling out in the ATX, but it did. For those of you interested, TPW has a podcast (https://www.tpwf.org/subscribe-to-podcast/). Ben Masters leads the latest. It's good stuff, particularly if you enjoy the Meateater type format.

Comment

So there is not a Houston one or has it already passed?

Comment

well... went tonight. I enjoyed it but it definitely leaned left at the end. only one small part talked about hunting as conservation. glad I went but disappointed. got political at the end anti Trump. they tried to keep it "hidden" but it shined through. kinda ruined it.

Comment

BTW it's not TPWD

Comment

I missed it in austin. Doubt I'll get to Dallas Fort Worth or Houston to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                well... went tonight. I enjoyed it but it definitely leaned left at the end. only one small part talked about hunting as conservation. glad I went but disappointed. got political at the end anti Trump. they tried to keep it "hidden" but it shined through. kinda ruined it.
                Disappointing to hear. Would like to make the Houston show, but now I’m on the fence. I will say, I’ve enjoyed most of Ben’s other films, but am not surprised by the politics.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                  BTW it's not TPWD
                  This is correct. But the Texas Parks & Wildlife Foundation is one of the partners. And at the Dallas one at least, one of the speakers was a State Park Police Officer for TPWD. My wife and I enjoyed it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wild_Texas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	24515384

Comment

yes sir it is a foundation but it is not TPWD. Forget his name but the other feller running it with Ben even mentioned they are not the same thing and he (it) is private and not state run agency. Everyone else was biologists from SulRoss I believe. There was a lady biologist for Pronghorn and I don't remember where she was from.

Comment

Thank you for sharing ! Looks really cool I just wish everything wasn’t packed into October and November! The only one who seems to think there’s way too much to do in October and November and Texas ????

Comment

my son and I enjoyed it. Even the freedom of speech, it was good for him to see it.

Comment

Working...
                        X