Fort Boggy SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort Boggy SP

Got a archery hunt there in a couple of weeks. Got a little info on it earlier but curious if anyone has any pointers or suggestions. What size bucks can we expect? Just looking on map, i would expect being on the creek would be good but not sure how the compartments are layed out. Just checking for any helpful info., thanks.

I hunt the boggy creek but it runs through my land. I suspect there are some larger deer where you'll be compared to what we see. 125" is a good buck in our area 130" to 145" should be the higher end of possibilities where you're hunting. Good luck!

Comment

I hear you need a climber ? But could you use a popup?

Comment

I was thinking since those deer frequent that park, a pop up put out for a 3 day hunt may seem too out of place and possibly spook them. Idk. We're taking climbers and a ladder and lock on. If I hunt on the ground I most likely will just make a brush ground blind, Ive had success that way before. The weather will determine a lot as well.

Comment

Finished our hunt today. All I can say is miserable! Lol.
          It was absolutely the worst hunting conditions I've ever hunted in. Hot, humid, windy, bright moon, and did I mention hot?! Actually did see 2 deer and 6 hogs, my son saw a good 8pt, but it was a long hard 3 days. The park is definitely a good place to hunt, tons of sign, thick bottoms, pipelines, live creek. But the weather got us this time. Good luck to those who have hunts coming up, looks like better weather soon.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
            Finished our hunt today. All I can say is miserable! Lol.
            It was absolutely the worst hunting conditions I've ever hunted in. Hot, humid, windy, bright moon, and did I mention hot?! Actually did see 2 deer and 6 hogs, my son saw a good 8pt, but it was a long hard 3 days. The park is definitely a good place to hunt, tons of sign, thick bottoms, pipelines, live creek. But the weather got us this time. Good luck to those who have hunts coming up, looks like better weather soon.

Me and my brother were there too , nice meeting you and your son
            It was hot hot for sure , and when my thermal cell ran out of fuel the mosquitos bout ate me alive
            We saw deer everyday ,but getting a shoot on one is a diffrent story , it's thick thick thick in there

Comment

Hope my buddy Wes Hamilton treated yall right.

Comment

Working...
              X