This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Thanks Dave for your response and insight. So can the powers to be come back and bite these former coaches in the arse if they knew and didn't report while at Ohio State?
    No, not at all. Like I said, they might want to do some education on the policies so something like this doesn't happen currently, but that's it. Two hugely different situations between Ohio State and Texas.

If Ohio State finds that Urban Myer didn't notify the right people of this current incident that they have evidence of I don't see how he stays.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      No, not at all. Like I said, they might want to do some education on the policies so something like this doesn't happen currently, but that's it. Two hugely different situations between Ohio State and Texas.

If Ohio State finds that Urban Myer didn't notify the right people of this current incident that they have evidence of I don't see how he stays.
      Gotcha. Thks for clearing that up for me

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        When you go to work at a University you agree to the schools policies, just like you would at a lot of places. Except Universities are a different environment and have more policies in place, mostly to protect students from predatory faculty and staff.

There are specific policies in place at both Texas A&M and UT that require what are referred to as "responsible employees" to report domestic abuse, or even suspicion of domestic abuse. Coaches, all coaches, are required by that policy to report domestic abuse to the Title IX office and police if danger is imminent. Just reporting it to the AD's office, isn't enough. Telling your boss in your office, isn't enough.

I will also add from my experience working with abused women these kinds of things are never one time events. It doesn't just happen and then stop. Often a court case will be built around a single incident that they have collected evidence for but it's never just a single incident it's always part of a pattern.
        This didn't just happen once in 2009 and then again once in 2015. It was going on all along.

So does the Ohio State University feel the Urban Myer violated their requirement to report policy on domestic abuse? The cynical side of me says they will weight how bad it will look if they keep him and decide if it's worth the risk. If you want your football program to be your front porch, you better keep your front porch clean.

Finally, I do think it's reasonable to think Herman knew what was going on. However, Texas has no requirement to enforce a policy from a previous employer. If I was the AD I would have Herman's staff spend some time with the Title IX people and make sure they all understand the policies they agreed to when they signed contracts with the University.
        Excellent info here

Comment

The plot thickens

Now both The mother Zach and the mother of Courtney are saying Courtney has been planning this revenge for a long time because Zach cheated on her. This is one CRAZY Lady

Comment

There is a lot to figure out in this ordeal ...

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
              The plot thickens

Now both The mother Zach and the mother of Courtney are saying Courtney has been planning this revenge for a long time because Zach cheated on her. This is one CRAZY Lady

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-moth...223132593.html
              Wonder how big that wire transfer was that the mom just got. "Signing bonus" for her new "job."

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                Wonder how big that wire transfer was that the mom just got. "Signing bonus" for her new "job."
                There is not enough money on earth, that would make me say something false about either of my parents, any of my siblings, and especially not my children. I've had a few differences thru the years, with some of the adults in my family, and still wouldn't even fathom saying anything against them...in private, much less in public. IF you are correct, well there is a special place in hell for those types of people

Comment

She doesent really got the “Hot Crazy” matrix???? Maybe she is an anomaly

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                    There is not enough money on earth, that would make me say something false about either of my parents, any of my siblings, and especially not my children. I've had a few differences thru the years, with some of the adults in my family, and still wouldn't even fathom saying anything against them...in private, much less in public. IF you are correct, well there is a special place in hell for those types of people
                    Cain and Abel.

the dwarf and the evil queen - GOT

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Cain and Abel.

the dwarf and the evil queen - GOT
                      Oh I'm not saying they aren't out there...I just can't fathom it is all

Comment

Texas football coach Tom Herman has denied a media report that he was involved in publicizing alleged abuse by Zach Smith that led to the then-Ohio State assistant coach's firing.

Now Herman is in the mix. This story and incident gets crazier and crazier. Who is the bus going to run over next?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                          http://www.espn.com/college-football...eyes-reporting

Now Herman is in the mix. This story and incident gets crazier and crazier. Who is the bus going to run over next?
                          Herman has been in the mix since it started. ESPN just now got wind of it. Not looking good.

Comment

Comment

curious to see how this all plays out now!

Comment

There is a College Football Thread where this discussion belongs.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X