Painting new spots onto rinehart 18-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting new spots onto rinehart 18-1

I have an 18-1, but I cannot stand the way the spots are laid out. I colored in all but four yellow spots on one side of the target, but that took a while and kind of worked. I would like to know, who all has changed up their 18-1 and how Did you do it? Pics would help as well.

I love the way mine is set up, so I would be curious to see how you changed yours to see if I might like that better. To me, the smaller 'corner' targets are where it's at. I love shooting those.

Comment

got any pics?

Comment

I'll get some pics after work today. I'm really leaning towards trying to black out the whole thing and putting white dots onto it with a paint pen.

Comment

I repainted the spots on mine. I use a green pin and it's hard for me to shoot a green spot with a green pin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
            I repainted the spots on mine. I use a green pin and it's hard for me to shoot a green spot with a green pin.
            What did you use? I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to paint it and have it last a while

Comment

Take a water cap, put a finish nail thru the center of it. turn your target so you can balance it, put the nail with cap in a black portion of the target.

Comment

I use roofing nails on mine.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm cautious about using nails when I plan on shooting broadheads at it...

Comment

Use Safety Orange paint. I also use pink sticky notes. The adhesive just doesn't last that long.

Comment

I just use regular spray paint and reapply as needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X