Efoc arrow with a long draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efoc arrow with a long draw

Is there any arrow out there that I can get to efoc 18+ foc and still stay at or under 500 gr?

The grizzly sticks will get you there but they are 650 gr.

I would like to get a really high foc arrow but still maintain decent speed out to 30 yards, am I chasing the a dream?

I am shoot 30.5 in draw @ 65 lbs.

your chasing a unicorn......if you catch it let me know......im chasing the unicorns cousin...id like 650 grain with 20+ foc at 29" arrow with the speed...😄😄...got everything but the speed. ..cant seem to find it even at 75 lbs

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

witha 27 inch draw

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

With that short of draw you would need to go up to 100lbs to get the speed.
        Isn't it 1 in of draw buys you 10lbs of bow? I would like to get a 500 gr arrow at 280-290fps with 200-250 up front.
        30@70lbs

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
          With that short of draw you would need to go up to 100lbs to get the speed.
          Isn't it 1 in of draw buys you 10lbs of bow? I would like to get a 500 gr arrow at 280-290fps with 200-250 up front.
          30@70lbs
          I'd like to just be able to shoot 28 inches

Comment

I shoot the Grizzly Stik 650s at a 29.5 in draw and I am getting 223fps with a Mathews HTR. That is with a 200 gain head. The folks at Grizzly Stik promised me that I would not have an issue with the speed part but to be honest I am still a little skeptical of deer jumping the string with it moving that slow

Comment

Is there any arrow out there that I can get to efoc 18+ foc and still stay at or under 500 gr?

I would like to get a really high foc arrow but still maintain decent speed out to 30 yards, am I chasing the a dream?

What's a decent speed for you? around 300fps?

Comment

I am shooting a 450 gr arrow at about 275, 60 lbs at 31 in.
                This is an arrow I have been trying to get good foc on, all of the light gpi arrows are too weak to add much weight upfront on. I am considering getting a 500 spine arrow and gluing a 8-12 in aluminum foot onto it thinking maybe it will stiffen the dynamic spine enough to hold 200 gr tip and get me to efoc and 500 gr arrow.

This is all in the interest of tinkering. I know I have no problems with penetration on deer but would like the best arrow I can make if I make a bad shot. No one has ever gotten too much penetration.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaycee11 View Post
                  What's a decent speed for you? around 300fps?
                  The plan is to go up to 70lbs with the next bow, 500gr arrow at around 290 fps

Comment

The plan is to go up to 70lbs with the next bow, 500gr arrow at around 290 fps

What bow do you shoot?

Comment

How much FOC is too much FOC. The new arrows I just built are coming in at 29.31 foc.

Quest thumper 350 spine tapered shaft. 27 7/8 arrow length. 200 grain insert 190 grain meathead broadhead A&A 2.5 inch fletchings with turbulator tape. Total arrow eight is around 680.

Bow is 68lb @ 27 inch draw. Drycreek Archery recurve approximately 180FPS

Copied this from an earlier post I had.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                        I'd like to just be able to shoot 28 inches
                        Me too

Didn't we have this conversation not to long ago Eric? LOL

Comment

Quest Thumpers are my new favorites.

Comment

I did it with a 28" Gold Tip 75/95 at a 29" draw and 70#'s with standard insert, 150 grain extra added weight behind the insert and a 100 grain head. 560 grains with about 19% FOC at 270 fps, but WAY underspined. Still shoots darts with Ramcats! Do not know how it does, guess I am lucky for sure on the tune!

Comment

440 at 23%. I build arrows like you are talking about all the time. Shoot me a pm, would love to talk to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X