Heavy arrow just playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy arrow just playing

Built a 745 gn with 32% foc. 27 in carbon to carbon. I think I got to build a 400 to 450 gn broadhead. This arrow would make a great 20 yard hog arrow.

Shot at 26.5 draw. 68 lb it was 219 fps.

Tip on arrow is around 430
    Attached Files

Awesome man good looking arrow

Comment

219... that's faster than my setup with 500 grains . Did you notice any decrease in bow noise?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        219... that's faster than my detup. Did you notice any decrease in bow noise?
        Haha. What noise

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
          Haha. What noise

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
            Haha. What noise
            My 779 grain arrow out of mine is a slight whisper! Amazing what a heavy arrow will do to bow noise and probably the efficiency of the bow. Bow noise and bow vibration comes from the arrow not being able to absorb the energy produced by the limb and cam combination at the shot.
            Shoot a heavy arrow out of yours and you will be shocked at the noise or lack of!

Comment

Heavy arrows are great. The not made for long distance shooting. The advantage is there. Noise is one. But the efficiency you gain. Now not all bows are created the same. Depending on type of cams you have well determine the amount of gain you get going to a heavy arrow

My bow mr5. Is shy of Ibo when shooting an 350 to 425 or so arrow. Ibo on my bow is 360. With the lighter arrows using a calculator and matching the speed I shoot puts my bow at 353 fps. Really not that bad. 7 fps slow. As I get to the 500 plus mark I'm now shooting calculated speed of 360 to 363. So as I add 150 gn to my arrow my bow has gained an average of 7 fps.

This 740 gn arrow. Shot 219. So if I adjust the Ibo rating to get the outcome to match the speed I shot puts the Ibo rating 392fps. That puts the efficiency gain of my bow at an average of 39fps.

This is where an heavy arrow shines.

Comment

Working...
              X