Need some help sighting in Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help sighting in Bow

My girlfriend shoots a Hoyt Nitrum and we can't for the life of us get her bow sighted in. At first she was shooting high left, but we got the height adjusted within a few shots. But we can't get her left to right tuned in, no matter how much we adjust the sight. She's shooting 4" left and I'm out of ideas here. Anybody have any input?

What sight is she using ?

Comment

Fuse

Comment

Sorry I can't help, but good luck.

Comment

Rest is probably too far out from the bow.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
            Rest is probably too far out from the bow.
            No we're good there

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter8213 View Post
              No we're good there
              I wood move the rest and see what happens.

Comment

She shooting with both eyes open ? Does she have eye dominance issues ? There are several reasons that this could be happening. I would suggest watching closely as she shoots, or maybe even videoing it. I had my wife video me from different angles so I could watch it again and again and check for form flaws. Good luck !

Comment

Probably a tuning issue. That's assuming no form flaws

Comment

Is she getting consistent grouping?

Comment

Tourquing the bow?

Comment

Her form looks great to me. We've been shooting for the past 2 hours, we're getting some movement by adjustment, but not what you would expect. Something just doesn't seem right. Is it possible her right is just off? Meaning, something is wrong with it internally?

Comment

What type of rest? It may need adjusting or the fletching could be hitting it at release. May be as simple as turning the nock to align the fletching.

Comment

Is she right handed? Hitting left means the arrow is to stiff, right to weak.
                            If left you can try using a heavier point and / or increase the bow weight. Opposite for hitting right.

Comment

Arrow could be contacting cables, rest or shelf. Look at the fletching and see if it has black marks on them. Also can use baby powder the arrow to see if it rubs off on something.

Comment

Working...
                              X