• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes got to get that fixed first.

Comment

Yes, get the stops fixed and go from there

Comment

Just dropped it off. They confirmed it was way out of spec.

Comment

You'll be surprised how different the bow will feel once it is in spec

Comment

I'm just glad it wasn't me. Really started losing confidence in my equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
              I'm just glad it wasn't me. Really started losing confidence in my equipment.
              That's the reason I bought a press

Comment

embarrassed to say it, but I'm at a loss.
                I can not seem to get this bow tuned. took it to shop got the cams in sync and "tuned" (had to leave it there and pick up 2 days later) they said my arrows were a little long for the spine so i get those cut down to 26 3/4.

yesterday i go back out and try to broad head tune it. following the guide and making small adjustments that dont seem to do anything. i figure out I'm getting some fletching contact -make adjustments and start over.

I've never had this much trouble with any other bows.

is there a shop within driving distance to me that will actually work on the bow while I'm there and shooting it to make adjustments? I'm tired of dropping it off and spending money and not getting any better results.

Comment

Ok. Got cams synced. Need to get center shot set. Set Knoc level. Get 3 fletched arrows

Make sure no contact with fletchings.

Not my method but I like it. But can be hard. hang a string. Stand 2 yards from string. Make sure target is shoulder height. Shoot at string. Adjust sight only. When you split string. Then do it again. Do not move until you split string at least 2 times at same setting. This may take 10 min or a day. But stay there

Once you split string at 2 yards. Now back up to 20 yards min. The further the better. But limit it to your level. Now shoot three arrow group. Move rest only till group is on string.
                  Now move back at 2 yards repeat. Move back do it again. Till at 2 yards and what ever distance your at is on string. Your center shot is now set.
                  This will not be a quik setting. And do not shoot when tired.

Comment

Not trying to be rude, but they cut your arrows way too short for a 28"DL. With a 400 spine you should not have an arrow that short. I'm pretty sure you're overspined. But I've been wrong before

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                      Ok. Got cams synced. Need to get center shot set. Set Knoc level. Get 3 fletched arrows

Make sure no contact with fletchings.

Not my method but I like it. But can be hard. hang a string. Stand 2 yards from string. Make sure target is shoulder height. Shoot at string. Adjust sight only. When you split string. Then do it again. Do not move until you split string at least 2 times at same setting. This may take 10 min or a day. But stay there

Once you split string at 2 yards. Now back up to 20 yards min. The further the better. But limit it to your level. Now shoot three arrow group. Move rest only till group is on string.
                      Now move back at 2 yards repeat. Move back do it again. Till at 2 yards and what ever distance your at is on string. Your center shot is now set.
                      This will not be a quik setting. And do not shoot when tired.
                      done it all... everything is fine until i go to broadhead tune. im really thinking its the arrows. I'm gonna make the long drive out to CCR either sunday or tuesday and I'm not leaving until we get it figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                        Not trying to be rude, but they cut your arrows way too short for a 28"DL. With a 400 spine you should not have an arrow that short. I'm pretty sure you're overspined. But I've been wrong before
                        Can never be over spine. Just under spine.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                          done it all... everything is fine until i go to broadhead tune. im really thinking its the arrows. I'm gonna make the long drive out to CCR either sunday or tuesday and I'm not leaving until we get it figured out.
                          Are the broadhead grouping with each other just not with field points

Comment

When the bow was checked at the shop was the timing and sync verified on a draw board? I set a CRX 32 up for Jbarr a while back and it should be:
                            1) set in spec to draw to ata and brace
                            2) verify peak weight is being met, should come in 1-2#'s hot for best results
                            3) verify let-off
                            4) verify draw length, should run 1/8-3/16" long
                            5) set top cam to zero lean at full draw
                            6) set arrow running level to 1/16" high in the Berger
                            7) set nock level
                            8) set OEM center shot

Now you can begin tuning, this is how you do a Hoyt. Your arrow issue is a totally different situation. If you set you bow up this way and shoot a properly spined arrow you should have good bare shaft results if you have a good consistent grip. Likewise the bow will broadhead tune pretty easy. Shoot me a pm if you need further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                              Are the broadhead grouping with each other just not with field points
                              yes, the broad heads hit touching each other in the same dang hole. the ft do not group that well though. ill get a high hit, next one will be left ect. after a few sessions when they do group in the same direction is when i make the adjustments to bring the broad heads closer. they just aren't moving after the adjustment.

ie: bh will hit 5 inches right. i move rest to the outside of bow..and instead of the broad heads coming in, the fp go further left.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                                When the bow was checked at the shop was the timing and sync verified on a draw board? I set a CRX 32 up for Jbarr a while back and it should be:
                                1) set in spec to draw to ata and brace
                                2) verify peak weight is being met, should come in 1-2#'s hot for best results
                                3) verify let-off
                                4) verify draw length, should run 1/8-3/16" long
                                5) set top cam to zero lean at full draw
                                6) set arrow running level to 1/16" high in the Berger
                                7) set nock level
                                8) set OEM center shot

Now you can begin tuning, this is how you do a Hoyt. Your arrow issue is a totally different situation. If you set you bow up this way and shoot a properly spined arrow you should have good bare shaft results if you have a good consistent grip. Likewise the bow will broadhead tune pretty easy. Shoot me a pm if you need further assistance.
                                after i noticed the cams were out of sync i dropped it off at the shop. he put it on a draw board and verified they were off... he had me leave it with him. (every time I've been there i haven't been able to get work done while there) 2 days later i go pick it up, draw back and shoot a couple arrows through paper and verify the cams where back in sync. bullet holes in the paper. brought it home and began broad head tuning. i have no idea what all he checked and in what order

Comment

Working...
                                X