Direct TV or Dish Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct TV or Dish Network

Currently have Dish network in our Trailer house but moving into our Barndo next week. Going from 3 tvs to 6 tvs. Any imput on either. Currently paying a bout $130 a month for the 3 tvs. Was going to go $166 a month but was able to negotiate to 148 a month for two years. About to call direct tv and see what they can do for me

Go with a hard line cable provider over a satellite if you can. If not available nether of the two you list would be better than the other so best price for same level of service wins.

Comment

There's not a dimes worth of difference in what they provide. Go with the one that gives you the best offer. They both have the ability to give you a better rate or discount.

Comment

I have had both and prefer dish but like was said above not a lot of difference.

-john

Comment

I just switched to Direct tv and i like it. I don't have as many channels as i did with dish but i made the switch ONLY because Direct Tv lets me watch EVERy HOUSTON ASTROS game. Something DISH wouldn't let me do.
          Reason? Because DISH won't pay for the Root Sports Southwest Network. Yes they have told me this when I called every week to complain lol

Now, Dish was cheaper and had more channels on practically the same "package" that I got with Direct tv

Comment

DirecTV has more HD channels than Dish, other than that, just get whoever is offering the best deal over the next coupla years and then re-evaluate

Comment

Direct tv also has every NFL game, huge plus in my book!

Comment

I have had both and I preferred DishNetwork to Direct TV. Honestly since we have moved and been without all major bills for the last six months, there is some pretty good stuff on Amazon and Netflix.

Comment

Yeah, sports is the determining factor.

I cut the cord years ago, after an adjustment period, its very liberating.

Most television these days is like soda pop for your mind.
                  Last edited by Voodoo; 04-11-2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F0WL_LIF3 View Post
                    I just switched to Direct tv and i like it. I don't have as many channels as i did with dish but i made the switch ONLY because Direct Tv lets me watch EVERy HOUSTON ASTROS game. Something DISH wouldn't let me do.
                    Reason? Because DISH won't pay for the Root Sports Southwest Network. Yes they have told me this when I called every week to complain lol

Now, Dish was cheaper and had more channels on practically the same "package" that I got with Direct tv
                    I forgot about the Astros! This^^^ is true. I had Dish for over 10 years, and only switched to Direct TV because they gave me a huge employee discount as an AT&T employee

Comment

I have dish and its ok. Has some cool features. A netflix channel so you can stream your netflix without having to use an additional device and switch inputs (channel 370) and they have a ton of free movies on demand.
                      What i dont' like is that their system lags in my area. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds for the tv to respond to you hitting a button on the remote

Comment

No Dish for me. I will be on ATT U-Verse true cable. No blackout every time a rain storm passes by.

Comment

Working...
                        X