Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would yall hunt this property? Need/want two more set-ups!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would yall hunt this property? Need/want two more set-ups!

The top left and right corners are 150ft up in elevation from the main road thru the property. There is a good all weather creek on the bottom of the map that is the east border of the property. The small red dots are feeders in place at the moment. I and another guy want to add / more locations. One rifle and one bow. We were thinking the top left and bottom left corners for the two new spots. Bow rope left and rifle bottom right. All locations will have a bow sand available to hunt.

Opinions please!!!!!

For got to mention. Big blue square is camping area and that part of the place is about 100' below the main road.

Comment

One setup on the dry creek bed to the bottom left of the picture. Another in the top left above that small clearing. Don't really see anywhere else to do 2 more setups.

Comment

A lot of the places I have hunted the most productive stand is the one closest to camp.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
          One setup on the dry creek bed to the bottom left of the picture. Another in the top left above that small clearing. Don't really see anywhere else to do 2 more setups.
          That's what is thinking. Thanks.

Comment

How big of an area are we looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              X2. How many acres? I have seen too many stands on small places get to where deer were harder to pattern due to splitting time between feeders or avoiding areas due to people activity.

Comment

Creek beds

Comment

If this in Kimble County I wouldn't worry too much about it. They will show up wherever the feeder is located. So just pick a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    Somewhere around 350 acres total.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                      If this in Kimble County I wouldn't worry too much about it. They will show up wherever the feeder is located. So just pick a spot.
                      It is Kimble county. And so far every feeder has been by hard in less than a week. So we are doin great!

Comment

I'd put one out to the bottom left of the pic. Lot of open real estate still over there along that creek bed or four wheeler trail, whatever it is. I'd also put one out to the right and maybe up a little bit from the camp area. Both locations would be walkable from camp and good for those days where you get to the lease late or maybe over sleep just a few minutes.

Comment

Heading south from camp to that trail that starts at the clearing. Head west and you see a little fork in the road. That clearing on the right side would be a good place. It looks like a natural funnel.

Comment

Working...
                          X