Lake Somerville PHL - 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooler Weather Brought More Deer

New to this forum, but was out yesterday morning while it was in the 50’s and 60’s and saw 15 deer before I left around 1:00. Some smaller bucks but mostly does. The unit is very dry compared to last year. No water to be found while I was out there. Going to be out there again this weekend with the cooler weather coming in.

Comment

I haven't seen anything on camera besides hogs and a doe or two. It seems disappointing to say the least.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ktboro21 View Post
        New to this forum, but was out yesterday morning while it was in the 50’s and 60’s and saw 15 deer before I left around 1:00. Some smaller bucks but mostly does. The unit is very dry compared to last year. No water to be found while I was out there. Going to be out there again this weekend with the cooler weather coming in.
        I think we met yesterday on the road.
        I'll go out on Saturday again, should rain on Friday and temperature will be even cooler than yesterday.

There is another forum here you might want to check out:

Comment

Perfect weather and moon. Where’s all the deer???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I Lived in central Texas all my life, moved to Abilene this year, and moving back home in 2 years. I was wondering what the deer size and population is like. I’ve seen some pics on the older thread thread that seems like the bigger deer are on the small side. I’m down to hunt anything and look forWard to hunting Somerville when I get back.

Y’all have any pics of deer taken here?

Comment

Not Much Action Today

Went in at Station 4 today. Saw a few deer before 9:30 but nothing after that. Came out around 1:30 and most everyone was gone. The hogs outnumbered the deer today. Better luck next time.

Comment

Things shouldn't be too dry there now after this weekend.

Comment

After 3 sits, I have nothing to show for it. And things progressively have been getting worse. Today I didn't see a single thing in 3 different spots where deer were showing up consistantly before. I'm taking a break from this BS.

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                    After 3 sits, I have nothing to show for it. And things progressively have been getting worse. Today I didn't see a single thing in 3 different spots where deer were showing up consistantly before. I'm taking a break from this BS.

Me too, hunted morning and evening and every a mid day sit the last 5 days and saw one fawn size doe.

Comment

Thoughts on this guy? Looks young/narrow to me.

Comment

Nice, we hunt close to that area and have fished on that lake over 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post

Thoughts on this guy? Looks young/narrow to me
                          Yeah, looks undersized. At least one more year.

Comment

I haven’t been out there this year and didn’t make it out all season last year. I’m ready to get back out and do some public land hunting. Hopefully it’s nice and cool this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                              I haven’t been out there this year and didn’t make it out all season last year. I’m ready to get back out and do some public land hunting. Hopefully it’s nice and cool this weekend.
                              Hoping to get out of work on Friday and go myself.

This will be the first chance i get. Going to treat as more of a scouting event than actual hunting. Work the past two months has been rough.

Comment

Cold Morning with No Deer

Just finished a 5 hour sit with no action. I thought the cold weather would have the deer up and moving but I was wrong. I did see a guy with a rifle. I flashed some orange his way and he turned and walked the other way. When I came out there was only one other truck with a lot of archery gear so I am guessing that guy took off.

Comment

Working...
                                X