Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-29-2019, 10:49 PM   #1
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017
Default What in tarnation is happening to TBH. My RANT!

Long winded and not gooder sentence structure don't give a rats tookus.

Read don't read could care less what you do. Flame burn scold me whatever I don't care.

Almost every thread I start people are rude, and disrespectful on it towards me and call it just having some. Maybe for you. If it is fun for you your life must really really really really jacked up.
Or our defenitions of fun are diametrically opposed.

I'm all about loving and lifting people up not kicking when they're down. It sucks sucks sucks being down, been there LOTS. I'll be there again someday, maybe in the AM when I wake, IF I wake up. Maybe the Rapture will come when I'm sleeping. If that happens and I wake up here on Earth I'll know beyond the shadow of any doubt my Faith was a head Faith not a Heart Faith.

Now it seems like it it's happening more and more on other threads. Oh I know I've read the replies when I've shared this in the past about. Oh don't worry we're just having a little fun.IF you really need us you know we'd be there for you. That philosophy is so flawed as bass akwards it's not funny. Here's why.
I took the time to start a serious thread. So that means I need you here and now in the present tense not in the possible future.

I quit TBH for a reason earlier. Several of you reached out and encouraged me and lifted me up. I will always be grateful and thankful. Golly I have to be honest here I'm struggling to find a reason to stay. If it wasn't for the few I'd be gone already.

Have we lost our sense of decency and respect?

Here's one of many reason I started this thread.
I need to fill 2 spots on my lease in Brady. The ones I'd like to share it with already have their own leases and I don't know if I'd like to share it with anyone else. And that angers me in fact enrages me..

I'll attempt to answer the obvious questions.

Yes I know I'm "weird" been like.this all my life. My TBI in 1999 took away some of my control over it.

Why do I have 2 spots? Have friends I Love they have families. Their families take financial priority. I get that. Our first house was foreclosed on cause I didn't have the family first priority. My fault.
I don't like hunting alone. I hunt to socialize and hang out with like minded individuals. I really really really love taking new hunters hunting. Man that's a blast!! If you haven't taken a new Hunter hunting you should it's a blast!!

I'm sad and tired now.
Pushbutton2 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2019, 10:54 PM   #2
TxAg
Pope & Young

Try not to take it personal.

TBH is the internet. Nothing more, nothing less.
TxAg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2019, 10:57 PM   #3
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Some good reading for the chronic ranters.....

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ighlight=Rants

It's the internet. Bound to have bad apples everywhere.

Last edited by Smart; 08-29-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2019, 10:59 PM   #4
brysdad
Ten Point

PB2, there are a lot of weak, insecure people in this world and on this site. Lots of people seem to write off being a ***** as having fun. I don’t know why people feel the need to belittle others but lots do. Keep being you. I enjoy your threads.
brysdad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2019, 11:00 PM   #5
BLACKFINTURKEY
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion,Texas

Don’t get worked up over it bud, plenty of amazing folks on here! I’ve met more generous and down right good guys on this site in the last 2 years than I have in the last 10 years of my normal life. There are always a few bad apples... weed them out and don’t let them ruin the bunch..

How much is the lease?
BLACKFINTURKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2019, 11:05 PM   #6
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity County

Kyle, TBH has an amazing search function where I can go back and see all the threads that you start. I just looked at the 10 most recent and can't find where people were so rude to you. Admittedly, there have been instances in the past, but unless I missed something or threads got deleted, it wasn't recent.

I bet you're a helluva nice guy, but you gotta either put your big boy pants on or just decide that TBH isn't for you and move on. Some people are naturally *******s and some people don't know when to lay off. Some people joke with people thinking they haven't gone too far when in fact they have. Some people have thick skin and some people have thin skin. Maybe you are weird, but you don't hold the patent on that. Plenty of different people around here.

I'm sorry that TBH isn't what you think it should be. It ain't perfect, but I sure do enjoy the place and most of the people. Bottom line is, you gotta do what is best for you. But your continual threats to leave because of slights is getting old....like a disgruntled housewife. So....either pack your **** or make me a sandwich.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2019, 11:11 PM   #7
Jon B
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Tx and the Western States

Goodluck PB2. I saw a post earlier today that I was surprised hadn't been axed. It was pretty ridiculous and would have blacklisted the individual from doing business with me ever.

I get on here and am very light-hearted with most of the things I write. I think I offended a member on here early on because I didn't know about a pretty sensitive backstory. For that and to anyone else I may have or may eventually offend, I am sorry. I have met some great people on here but have also had a few people I'd like to take out behind the woodshed. I realize I am one of the newcomers but I have done my best to share and give back to the forum. Before this I didn't do social media. With this site, I feel like I am surrounded by a bunch of decent Christian folks and these are the folks I like to keep company with. I am not in the market for a lease this year but will keep my eyes open and if I see anything I will send it your way.
Jon B is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2019, 11:15 PM   #8
rocky
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysdad View Post
PB2, there are a lot of weak, insecure people in this world and on this site. Lots of people seem to write off being a ***** as having fun. I donít know why people feel the need to belittle others but lots do. Keep being you. I enjoy your threads.
👍. PB2, calm down!! You have this weirdness that makes a lot of us like you and look forward to your threads. Ignore the haters.
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2019, 11:21 PM   #9
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

I cant say i have seen it lately, but have noticed it in the past. Seems like there are a few members that get picked on a lot. Unfortunately, you are one of them. I have no idea what motivates the people that do it, maybe some really are just joking, I dont know. Sure seems mean spirited sometimes though.
miket is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2019, 11:23 PM   #10
TP3
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hays, Val Verde co

You call that a rant?
TP3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2019, 11:25 PM   #11
eastxhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marsh / Central Tx

Too long did not read
eastxhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2019, 11:27 PM   #12
Roscoe
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coryell, Hill, Kimble, Navarro Counties

Thereís a few peckerwoods in every group. Theyíre the 1%. Ignore them or block them and carryon. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Roscoe is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2019, 11:47 PM   #13
GoneSouth
Eight Point

Don’t let the door hit ya...
GoneSouth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 12:18 AM   #14
Trevor73402
Eight Point

I haven’t been here long enough to know much about you, or anyone else for that matter. I know there are a couple folks on here that I wouldn’t get along with in person. Honestly that’s prolly my fault though as I don’t take things too lightly at times (little tolerance for BS). Combine that with my demeanor and my physical appearance and I’m labeled as a intimidating ******* 99% of the time.
However........this is the internet and we are “supposed” to be grown men so don’t let others get too ya.
Trevor73402 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 12:26 AM   #15
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

Ignore those who you don’t agree with. They ain’t going anywhere unless they’re literal pot stirrers that intentionally poke and prod with the intention of getting kicked off the site. There are people here that I don’t care for in the slightest because they can’t let stuff from the past go. None of us are perfect. Some have done things in the past that were uncalled for in the eyes of others. But holding on to stuff doesn’t help any of us.

Side note...my family is facing a trial brought on by a selfish narcissistic sociopathic family member, that could literally ruin the lives of some of the best people you could ever hope to meet. Trust me, people being jerks on the internet is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. So if you’re needing something to occupy your mind, keep my immediate family in your prayers, I promise you that they are needed and will be appreciated. Maybe that will help you in your endeavor to take a break from focusing on the pot stirrers that you seem to be seeing
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 01:14 AM   #16
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

PB2, don't sweat the small stuff and just keep being you
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 02:27 AM   #17
DapperDan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneSouth View Post
Donít let the door hit ya...

Just couldnít help yourself could you..... you obviously are part of the 1% of ****heads that are on this forum. Iíve been on this forum for quite a while. Guys like you are annoying. You donít like what the op has to say, scroll along...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DapperDan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 03:06 AM   #18
ctom87
Eight Point

Hunt In: Nolan County

Kyle, you've been nothing but knowledgeable and hospitable to me and that means something. I can see what you're talking about and have had a few threads I started go in the same direction. I fought back a bit once...doesn't make anything better. You hit the nail on the head...their lives are jacked up.

So don't worry about it... In the end, you'll be ok and what someone says on the internet won't matter.
ctom87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 03:13 AM   #19
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

PB2,I did a bit of searching to see where you were being jacked with;and I didn't see anything outta line;honestly.Maybe I overlooked it.I'll say this.You ain't the only weird duck on TBH.I recognize lot's of folks avatar names daily.Yours is one of them.Be a shame not to see it pop up anymore.
I will say this.As far as interweb sites go,TBH is tame.Almost a bit sheltered in a way,lol

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Hart8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 05:01 AM   #20
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW, Colorado

just like anywhere else, you are gonna get some of that.....

I disagree with people I like and am friends with on a variety of topics. We move on and get over it.

The ones that aren't worth hanging on to get jettisoned off the ship.

Life just ain't that serious.
Atfulldraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 06:15 AM   #21
lunatic'hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Colorado, Montana

THIS! DD nailed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Just couldnít help yourself could you..... you obviously are part of the 1% of ****heads that are on this forum. Iíve been on this forum for quite a while. Guys like you are annoying. You donít like what the op has to say, scroll along...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lunatic'hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 06:34 AM   #22
RattlesnakeDan
Eight Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

This is for entertainment only. If you are a Christian don't get too worked up over anything here, it is not a Christian forum, it is a hunting forum. It serves it's purpose just use it the way it was intended.
RattlesnakeDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 06:38 AM   #23
Radar
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pandora

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
This is for entertainment only. If you are a Christian don't get too worked up over anything here, it is not a Christian forum, it is a hunting forum. It serves it's purpose just use it the way it was intended.

Aint you the same guy that posted that Free Masons are devil worshipers and women have no say in their households?

Last edited by Radar; 08-30-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 06:49 AM   #24
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
Ignore those who you donít agree with. They ainít going anywhere unless theyíre literal pot stirrers that intentionally poke and prod with the intention of getting kicked off the site. There are people here that I donít care for in the slightest because they canít let stuff from the past go. None of us are perfect. Some have done things in the past that were uncalled for in the eyes of others. But holding on to stuff doesnít help any of us.

Side note...my family is facing a trial brought on by a selfish narcissistic sociopathic family member, that could literally ruin the lives of some of the best people you could ever hope to meet. Trust me, people being jerks on the internet is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. So if youíre needing something to occupy your mind, keep my immediate family in your prayers, I promise you that they are needed and will be appreciated. Maybe that will help you in your endeavor to take a break from focusing on the pot stirrers that you seem to be seeing
I'm sorry you're having your family is going through this.
I am and will be praying for you all

If you want too, you can pm me a specific area of request.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:50 AM   #25
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart8 View Post
PB2,I did a bit of searching to see where you were being jacked with;and I didn't see anything outta line;honestly.Maybe I overlooked it.I'll say this.You ain't the only weird duck on TBH.I recognize lot's of folks avatar names daily.Yours is one of them.Be a shame not to see it pop up anymore.
I will say this.As far as interweb sites go,TBH is tame.Almost a bit sheltered in a way,lol

Just curious if you've read the Corporate Lease thread?

It's not one of mine
Old 08-30-2019, 06:56 AM   #26
bermise
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb county

You really really really really need some thicker skin. Did you move here from California by chance?
bermise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 07:09 AM   #27
Texas8point
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Buffalo and Juno, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Try not to take it personal.

TBH is the internet. Nothing more, nothing less.
THIS !!!
For as much as I love TBH and have seen amazing things come from it I have also experienced what the OP is saying.

We have a mixed bag here at TBH.... some really good and some real @ssh*les. It is what it is.
Texas8point is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 07:17 AM   #28
MRWHITE87
Six Point

Hunt In: Kauffman county TX./ Delores Co

This green screen is where I get 80% of my human interaction... and its just text. Better than Facebook and twitter and everything else (which I do not miss at ALL since I abandoned them last winter.)
I have abandoned most of my hope for humanity, but HERE is where I find what little I have left.

Yes, there are a bunch of whiny trolls here but the % is far lower than anywhere else people will congregate. Dapper Dan gets it.

I hope you find 2 good uns to fill your spots.
MRWHITE87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 07:18 AM   #29
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Utilize the ignore function.
There are a handful of people who will post something completely stupid to just about anything I post regardless what the subject matter, now its much more pleasant.
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 07:27 AM   #30
TxAg
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

It's not one of mine
Are you referring to people dog piling Ingle67 for the "PM me" comments? What you didn't see was all the outrageous PMs he was sending people behind the scenes. He got off light.
TxAg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 07:30 AM   #31
Mayhem
Pope & Young

Hunt In: crockett, county

A PB2 thread about getting his feeling hurt. I think I've seen this one before.
Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 07:34 AM   #32
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, ,Menard Counties

We need a Drama Queen subforum.
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 07:38 AM   #33
RattlesnakeDan
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Aint you the same guy that posted that Free Masons are devil worshipers and women have no say in their households?
Exactly that guy. I live by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. It is my job to tell the truth regardless of what man thinks of me. People want to ask for the truth but only if it aligns with whatever truth they have already decided to follow so spiritual truth is worthless to an earthly minded man.
That is why I say this forum is for entertainment purposes only.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:40 AM   #34
Hart8
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

It's not one of mine
No I didn't...I'll check it out

Old 08-30-2019, 07:48 AM   #35
Radar
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
Exactly that guy. I live by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. It is my job to tell the truth regardless of what man thinks of me. People want to ask for the truth but only if it aligns with whatever truth they have already decided to follow so spiritual truth is worthless to an earthly minded man.
That is why I say this forum is for entertainment purposes only.
So what do you tell the folks that come on this "entertainment forum" that ask for prayers? BTW, I am from Floresville and live here.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:50 AM   #36
Hart8
Pope & Young

Just checked it out..Meh.
I have bigger fights with my co workers daily.Seen a fist fight between two,and one stabbed in the back of the hand on a company trip;same week..We all played on the same golf team a week later..No big deal.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:00 AM   #37
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW, Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart8 View Post
Just checked it out..Meh.
I have bigger fights with my co workers daily.Seen a fist fight between two,and one stabbed in the back of the hand on a company trip;same week..We all played on the same golf team a week later..No big deal.

exactly.

wait, stabbed?
Atfulldraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:01 AM   #38
SHSU18
Eight Point

Hunt In: Brady, Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atfulldraw View Post
exactly.

wait, stabbed?
LMAO! What i wast thinking....
SHSU18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:03 AM   #39
RattlesnakeDan
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
So what do you tell the folks that come on this "entertainment forum" that ask for prayers? BTW, I am from Floresville and live here.
I pray for them. I have prayed over many many people and seen them get healed, cast demons out of many people, led many to Christ. I have prayed over many that did not get healed, that did not care to hear about Jesus, I don't know the end just what to do while I am here. We don't fight flesh and bone but spiritual battles, takes the load off of us and puts it in God's hands. That is why I am not offended by what others say and the OP should do the same.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:16 AM   #40
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
We need a Drama Queen subforum.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:18 AM   #41
Tony Pic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Picarosas North and South, Kerrville, Mountain Home and Harper

I have been around here a while and I think this is THE best place on the net. The advice, generosity, love ,prayers, abuse that is given out all comes from a special place. The heart. If you don't like onions...you do not eat them.
Your in a crowd, at a party(Online at TBH)...a conversation starts and you do not agree with it. Do you go to the host and say break up this conversation? No. You move to another crowd of like minded folk and say..hey(new thread)...Ya know what that guy guy is saying about high fence? Get it? Don't like it move, but as long as abusive talk does not take place, move on...big deal.
Good luck with with your lease spots and TxDispatch...Prayers your way buddy.
Tony Pic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:18 AM   #42
trash2
Six Point

Beta Male problens
trash2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:18 AM   #43
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

This is great reading material. Thanks PB

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:25 AM   #44
Radar
Pope & Young

We gots an ignore list too. It works.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:31 AM   #45
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneSouth View Post
Donít let the door hit ya...
Maybe you could leave with him, that would be cool
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:43 AM   #46
White Falcon
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Tx. and Anywhere I can!

This!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
Maybe you could leave with him, that would be cool
White Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:45 AM   #47
tdwinklr
Ten Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atfulldraw View Post
exactly.

wait, stabbed?
sounds like a lot of alcohol involved if he could just blow it off like that later.
tdwinklr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:46 AM   #48
JHT
Pope & Young

Forty something replies and not one inquiry about the open spots. I did some digging around for those interested.

El Rancho de Zoloft is located in Brady Texas

It is an assisted hunting facility.

Medicare/most insurance are accepted.

Guest/visitor hours Mon-Sun 2pm - 5pm.

Firearms strictly prohibited.

JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:48 AM   #49
Radar
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post