Trump, NRA and GOP about to sell out gun owners......AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump, NRA and GOP about to sell out gun owners......AGAIN

In the midst of an anti-gun media frenzy here in the USA — one of which we the people are as a rule not in favor — Trump has reportedly repeated that he has “an appetite for background checks” after talking with the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre. Said Trump: I have an appetite for background checks. …

Probably a bit premature but will be interesting to see what happens. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if the NRA is on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All I’m reading is stiffer back ground checks. Am I missing something here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
      All I’m reading is stiffer back ground checks. Am I missing something here?

Same here.

Comment

They can’t properly execute the background check system in place now...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          They can’t properly execute the background check system in place now...

And herein lies the problem.
          More or stricter will only make people feel good. It will make no one safer.

Comment

There was a kid in Austin arrested for carrying guns at a park. He had a felony warrant from Harris County. When he bought his AR, it didn't trigger a rejection. That's a huge problem. Also, when he checked the box on the 4473 about being a fugitive from justice, he lied. The feds would never accept that charge, but thats also an issue. How many prohibited persons get rejected knowing they are a felon, have a family violence convictions, renounced their citizenship, etc...? What ever happens to those folks?

With no hard data, I heard once the average time for felon in possession of a firearm in travis county was around 6-8 months, when the max is 10 years. How many of those sweetheart sentences came back to reoffend or commit a more egregious crime?

Let's fix the system first, arrest folks who knowingly apply when they can't legally possess firearms, and hammer felon in possession cases. Just my two cents here.

Comment

If they ever get to where they can’t buy them, they’ll just go back to stealing them like they used to. At least maybe that way we will get to shoot a couple of them…

Comment

Hmmm...last quote I heard Trump say on the 'universal' checks was more towards crawfishing?? Said it was a slippery slope & was even being criticized for it by Schumer & others??

I'm betting that meeting between them was more along the lines of: The base doesn't want anymore gun control laws period. Background checks won't stop the shootings & Red flag laws without due process are already a disaster & going to be challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  And herein lies the problem.

More or stricter will only make people feel good. It will make no one safer.

I understand this. You understand this. Any half way smart person understands this. But if it shuts up the left, I guess I’m for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    If they ever get to where they can’t buy them, they’ll just go back to stealing them like they used to. At least maybe that way we will get to shoot a couple of them…

Agreed and this also leads back to my prior comment. Crazy people will do their crazy things and no amount of litigation or laws is going to change that.
                    A lot more good guys with guns is the only true solution.

Comment

I understand this. You understand this. Any half way smart person understands this. But if it shuts up the left, I guess I’m for it.

Do you really believe anything but confiscation will ever shut the left up about guns? Every cave further dilutes the Constitution and makes their next move that much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                        Do you really believe anything but confiscation will ever shut the left up about guns? Every cave further dilutes the Constitution and makes their next move that much easier.

I see that side too. It’s a sticky situation indeed

Comment

Pretty sure nothing about background checks in the Constitution. You don't have to have a background check to exercise any other Rights.

Comment

You are crazy if you think it will shut up the left. It's a manufactured crisis. We dont have some kind of out of control mass shooting problem. Keep your emotions in check.

Zero compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                              You are crazy if you think it will shut up the left. It's a manufactured crisis. We dont have some kind of out of control mass shooting problem. Keep your emotions in check.

Zero compromise.

I know it won’t shut them up. But I’m also ok with them being able to keep guns out of certain people’s hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X