Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunting with Dane. A quick video of hunts with my boy twelve years ago.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting with Dane. A quick video of hunts with my boy twelve years ago.

Some of you saw this on Facebook. I thought I'd share here too.
    I'm sentimental. I mean, stupidly sentimental. There is a nerve that goes from my memory directly to my heart...and detours to my tear ducts, on occasion.
    So, as I am working on digitizing the remainder of my Digital 8 tapes onto my desktop computer, I occasionally run across footage I just can't ignore by tucking away for safe keeping where it might remain buried on a hard drive for stumbling across later. I stop what I'm doing, and make something of the digital memory.
    Last night, I found the footage below. Honestly, I wouldn't have known it existed without working on this little project. It jarred me. I stopped what I was doing and brought it into the editing software. From there, I made a brief clip that I can watch when I want, and share, mostly.
    The little boy in the footage is gone. He's nothing more than a memory, a photograph, or, in this case, a video clip. I see him almost every day, but not in the exact package depicted below. It kinda shakes me. He and his older sister are blessings in their current, young adult form. However, I do miss the little kids they once were.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzfiC2Un160&t"]Hunting with Dane - YouTube[/ame]

Very nice

Comment

Ha! The wake up and get ready was best part of video. Kids are fun. I wish I had more vids like this from when I was a kid. But, our video camera was huge and carried in a huge briefcase.
      Last edited by MLank; 10-18-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Got up in the ladder stand with my little man Reed Elliott last night. He is hoping to get his first bow kill. I really need to start videoing my hunts with the kids.

Comment

Very cool. Good for you, Casey.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            Got up in the ladder stand with my little man Reed Elliott last night. He is hoping to get his first bow kill. I really need to start videoing my hunts with the kids.
            Even if a video with your phone, capture a bit of your time with your kid. Back it up somewhere.

Comment

Do not stop reading this at "The little boy in the footage is gone." I was tearing up watching this video, thinking you had lost your son. I am glad I went back and continued to read. Great video and hope to make memories with my daughter at some point.

Comment

Very nice. A memory made for both of you. Good job Dad.

Comment

What is a good way to back up data at home?

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                    What is a good way to back up data at home?
                    All my work (photos and videos) are on an internal hard drive on my desktop. I back that up to an external and a portable. The portable goes to the office to sit in case something happens to my house.

I have some stuff with cloud services (dropbox, etc) but there are no guarantees those folks will always be around.

One thing is for certain, your kids will not have a link to show their grandkids photos and videos of themselves when they were younger.

Comment

Great stuff Casey!!!! Thanks for sharing. Always great to go back through those past events and make new ones. My son started sitting in the bow blind with me bow when he was three. He is 23 now and still bow hunts. I take pics and video all I can. Love it.

Comment

That's gold, Casey.

I had one of those little hunting buddies one time too. He's not little and cute anymore, but he's still the best hunting buddy ever. I wish I did more video. I have tons of pics, but not a lot of video. I'm thankful for the pics though. Memories just the same.

Last edited by Shane; 10-19-2019, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Good stuff right there, they don't stay little long!

Comment

that's an awesome video, keep em involved

Comment

Well thanks for posting that. As I was reading and watching YOUR video, my mind was wondering back to many of those type occasions I had with my two boys, 31 and 28 now. I really do need to get all of those 8MM and mini vhs tapes converted to digital form. Did you take them somewhere to do it or is there equipment you can purchase and connect to personal computer? My favorite part of you video was when you placed you hand on your sleeping boy's head. I did that countless times. Dang room is full onions now.

Comment

Working...
                              X