Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2019, 04:14 PM   #101
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc View Post
Yes I believe there should be severe consequences for a government representative that kills a law abiding citizen in their residence.
No kidden......before or after you see ALL the evidence?
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 04:37 PM   #102
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
No kidden......before or after you see ALL the evidence?
It's when they see enough evidence..Then their mind is made up. The issue is they look for evidence to show guilt not innocence.

People are really jacked up today. IMO the media has brainwashed them to no return.

Even today a lot of people just can't accept or see the media is mostly lies.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #103
SkipShot76
Nubbin' Buck
 
SkipShot76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Austin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Lord have mercy on the simpletons in out society
Look, I agree ex-Officer Dean clearly wasn't going to be taking home a Nobel Prize any time soon. But is he a "simpleton?" Highly likely. Even so, leveling ad hominem attacks against the guy is futile. It only entrenches the growing divide between you and everyone who isn't #blessed with your ability to ignore blindingly obvious alternatives that conflict with the worldview you've blindly accepted.
SkipShot76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 04:53 PM   #104
crc
Six Point
 
crc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wharton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade RiverRat1 View Post
It's when they see enough evidence..Then their mind is made up. The issue is they look for evidence to show guilt not innocence.

People are really jacked up today. IMO the media has brainwashed them to no return.

Even today a lot of people just can't accept or see the media is mostly lies.
Yeah but you know you’re right with the same evidence provided.

Last edited by crc; 10-16-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Just cause
crc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 04:53 PM   #105
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
It's when they see enough evidence..Then their mind is made up. The issue is they look for evidence to show guilt not innocence.

People are really jacked up today. IMO the media has brainwashed them to no return.

Even today a lot of people just can't accept or see the media is mostly lies.
No doubt, just like on many of these threads. The simpletons see one thing a person writes and assumes they know exactly how the person thinks and NEVER take into consideration what that same person wrote just a FEW post prior.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 04:54 PM   #106
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipShot76 View Post
Look, I agree ex-Officer Dean clearly wasn't going to be taking home a Nobel Prize any time soon. But is he a "simpleton?" Highly likely. Even so, leveling ad hominem attacks against the guy is futile. It only entrenches the growing divide between you and everyone who isn't #blessed with your ability to ignore blindingly obvious alternatives that conflict with the worldview you've blindly accepted.
Skip Bayless??
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 05:03 PM   #107
SkipShot76
Nubbin' Buck
 
SkipShot76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Austin
Default

SkipShot76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 05:30 PM   #108
crc
Six Point
 
crc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wharton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
No doubt, just like on many of these threads. The simpletons see one thing a person writes and assumes they know exactly how the person thinks and NEVER take into consideration what that same person wrote just a FEW post prior.
I’d rather be a “simpleton” than a full blown Fudd
crc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 05:34 PM   #109
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Yep
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #110
double bogey
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Mesquite
Hunt In: where ever I can
Default

Was he the only cop on the scene?
double bogey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 07:42 PM   #111
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc View Post
I’d rather be a “simpleton” than a full blown Fudd
You seem to be 100% positive of all the facts in this case. I’m going to call my buddy in the Tarrant County DA’s office and suggest he back off and let you handle it.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 10:54 PM   #112
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

"Chief Kraus said that the officers believed they were responding to an “open structure” call and appeared to approach the house in that manner."

"I haven’t seen anybody moving around,” he told the dispatcher in a calm voice. “It’s not normal for them to have the doors open this time of night.”

Last edited by flywise; 10-16-2019 at 10:57 PM.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 11:09 PM   #113
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
“It’s not normal for them to have the doors open this time of night.”[/B]
So he knew this person & their habits?
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 11:20 PM   #114
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
So he knew this person & their habits?
That was a quote from the neighbor who set this in motion. His words to the 311 operator.

Does not sound like the PD were on a welfare check. By the chief's own words they approached it like an open structure call.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 11:45 PM   #115
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
That was a quote from the neighbor who set this in motion. His words to the 311 operator.

Does not sound like the PD were on a welfare check. By the chief's own words they approached it like an open structure call.
I misunderstood. I thought that was the officer talking to dispatch.
So it wasn't a 911 call & it wasn't a "welfare check" call. They got it half right in the beginning!
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2019, 02:17 AM   #116
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Don't know enough of the facts to throw out an opinion. Prayers up to all afflicted by this tragedy.

Not sure if people realize that there are people out there in every profession/line of work that should not be doing that line of work. Obviously, being an LEO and not suited for the job can lead to tragic consequences. I am by no means speculating that this is what happened in this case. I just hate it when people paint with such a broad brush.

Last edited by Pedernal; 10-17-2019 at 02:22 AM.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2019, 07:06 AM   #117
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Don't know enough of the facts to throw out an opinion. Prayers up to all afflicted by this tragedy.

Not sure if people realize that there are people out there in every profession/line of work that should not be doing that line of work. Obviously, being an LEO and not suited for the job can lead to tragic consequences. I am by no means speculating that this is what happened in this case. I just hate it when people paint with such a broad brush.
It is absolutly true that some folks have careers they should not have. I work with a few myself in the FD.
Even work several PD I would not trust in a stressful situation.
The whole.point of my responses to this tragity is that some folks should not assume they know exactly what happened long before all the facts are available.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2019, 07:25 AM   #118
M16
Pope & Young
 
M16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, ,Menard Counties
Default

Unfortunately accidents happen. When are we going to start charging surgeons when the knife slips with murder? I don't see a murder charge here. Malpractice but not murder.
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2019, 07:47 AM   #119
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Unfortunately accidents happen. When are we going to start charging surgeons when the knife slips with murder? I don't see a murder charge here. Malpractice but not murder.
Whenever the race baiters and media figure out how to make money from it.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #120
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Call comes in as burglary in progress.
Caller stated he sees a flashlight inside and a window broke inward.
LEO shows up, goes to front door, bangs on front door and yells “Richland County Police Department. Make yourself known”
That was just on Live PD and how it should’ve gone down in Ft. Worth.
For you LEO’s, why would you not do it as I described above?
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #121
double bogey
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Mesquite
Hunt In: where ever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
Call comes in as burglary in progress.
Caller stated he sees a flashlight inside and a window broke inward.
LEO shows up, goes to front door, bangs on front door and yells “Richland County Police Department. Make yourself known”
That was just on Live PD and how it should’ve gone down in Ft. Worth.
For you LEO’s, why would you not do it as I described above?

That's what I say. Cop or cops at front and back, and announce police. Lady answers, questions asked, and everybody is still alive.
Been a couple of incidents lately of police shooting a home owner in the home. Wasn't there one lately where a homeowner shot a cop who was outside his window, or was it the other way around. I remember reading about it but cannot locate story.
double bogey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #122
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Great, now LEO's will have to go word by word off a script for every scenario. Like they don't deal with enough BS and worries already.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2019, 02:39 PM   #123
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Great, now LEO's will have to go word by word off a script for every scenario. Like they don't deal with enough BS and worries already.
That’s not what I’m implying at all and I know that wouldn’t ever work. Having said that, there is SOP’s and GO’s to follow. I can’t fathom this LEO followed it/them. Every situation they venture into may call for a different tactic but snooping around a house whispering when looking for a perp INSIDE a home doesn’t seem like a very good/proper tactic.
I support LEO’s to the extreme and work beside them every day.
The only thing I feel stronger about than that is our Constitution. This young lady’s Constitutional Rights were robbed from her, along with her life, and in there lies the problem.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2019, 02:57 AM   #124
locolobo
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Somewhere in TX
Default

Police depts., DA offices, Lawyers, all never give ALL of the info to the public so we may never know exactly what went on @ that house on that night. I definitely do not know enough to throw out a verdict. Even with all the "facts" presented here on the GS.
With that said:
Being a shift worker for over 45 yrs, I have not had a defined sleep pattern in a long time. Sometime I am up @ 2:30 in the morning cause couldn't sleep. And if the weather is right I may have the front door open instead of running the AC. I may be just puttering around the house enough to be mistaken for a burglar by someone looking in through the window. Also I have firearms close to arms reach in every room in my house because I live in a semi- sparsely inhabited area and have been known to fill my hand with one when hearing a suspicious noise outside.
What I can hope for is that if a LE officer comes to investigate my suspicious activity, we can have a meaningful dialog before the firearms are leveled at anyone! Is that too much to ask?

Last edited by locolobo; 10-21-2019 at 03:01 AM.
locolobo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2019, 03:30 AM   #125
cfortner
Ten Point
 
cfortner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: McKinney,TX
Hunt In: Voss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
The issue is they look for evidence to show guilt not innocence.
Uh. Pretty sure that's how the constitution is writ.
cfortner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2019, 08:27 AM   #126
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfortner View Post
Uh. Pretty sure that's how the constitution is writ.
I was talking about all the internet judging warriors looking to hang any LEO.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com